KRQE News 13 Reporter
Tina Jensen reports for KRQE News 13 at 10 p.m., Monday through Friday.
She grew up in California, Montana and New York, and graduated from the University of Southern California with a Master’s degree in Journalism.
She was on the start-up team for USC’s Neon Tommy, now the number one online university news site, where she enterprised a four-part multimedia series on the 10th anniversary of the Columbine tragedy. The series received an award from the Society for Professional Journalists. During graduate school, she also completed the Summer Institute at the USC Center on Public Diplomacy.
Her first reporting job was in Boise, Idaho, where she was a reporter and fill-in anchor for the ABC and FOX affiliates. Before that, she worked at KABC in Los Angeles and was an intern for NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams.
She has written articles for the San Francisco Chronicle, Huffington Post and the Long Beach Press-Telegram.
Tina has received awards from the Radio and TV News Association of Southern California and the Idaho Press Club. Most recently, she was voted “Best Reporter” for Albuquerque The Magazine’s “Best of the City” issue.
Since moving to New Mexico in 2012, she and her husband have learned why New Mexico is called the “Land of Enchantment,” from climbing Wheeler Peak to playing in the dunes at White Sands. Their adventures have also taken them to Colorado, where they recently conquered their first 14er. They’re active in their church and spend as much time running and biking in the Open Space as possible.
Tina Jensen Archive
- New Mexico man’s ‘Maze Runner’ copyright lawsuit makes its way through court April 15, 2015
- Abandoned homes cause problems in Albuquerque neighborhood April 14, 2015
- Jury decides female Albuquerque firefighter faced years of sexual harassment April 10, 2015
- Albuquerque plant with 6M gallon sewage spill had prior issues April 9, 2015
- Scientists descend on New Mexico to solve methane plume mystery April 8, 2015
- Albuquerque parks strewn with garbage after holiday celebrations April 6, 2015
- Albuquerque man’s $100,000 baseball collection stolen April 3, 2015
- Controversial video about UNM Muslim Student Association goes viral April 2, 2015
- 11-year-old New Mexico boy dies in hang gliding accident March 28, 2015
- Albuquerque Police bike units could become thing of the past March 26, 2015