KRQE News 13 Reporter
Tina Jensen reports for KRQE News 13 at 10 p.m., Monday through Friday.
She grew up in California, Montana and New York, and graduated from the University of Southern California with a Master’s degree in Journalism.
She was on the start-up team for USC’s Neon Tommy, now the number one online university news site, where she enterprised a four-part multimedia series on the 10th anniversary of the Columbine tragedy. The series received an award from the Society for Professional Journalists. During graduate school, she also completed the Summer Institute at the USC Center on Public Diplomacy.
Her first reporting job was in Boise, Idaho, where she was a reporter and fill-in anchor for the ABC and FOX affiliates. Before that, she worked at KABC in Los Angeles and was an intern for NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams.
She has written articles for the San Francisco Chronicle, Huffington Post and the Long Beach Press-Telegram.
Tina has received awards from the Radio and TV News Association of Southern California and the Idaho Press Club. Most recently, she was voted “Best Reporter” for Albuquerque The Magazine’s “Best of the City” issue.
Since moving to New Mexico in 2012, she and her husband have learned why New Mexico is called the “Land of Enchantment,” from climbing Wheeler Peak to playing in the dunes at White Sands. Their adventures have also taken them to Colorado, where they recently conquered their first 14er. They’re active in their church and spend as much time running and biking in the Open Space as possible.
Tina Jensen Archive
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle’s estate sues Santa Fe-based author May 22, 2015
- DA reacts to video showing officers beanbagging, stomping on lifeless suspect May 20, 2015
- Video raises questions about how APD and State Police treated suspect’s dead body May 18, 2015
- Some New Mexico defendants denied public defenders May 8, 2015
- Customers take down armed man at Albuquerque gas station May 5, 2015
- Thieves drive off with man’s service dog from Albuquerque Walmart May 1, 2015
- Neighborhood deals with dirty, city-owned vacant lots April 28, 2015
- Albuquerque police chief’s uniform raises eyebrows April 27, 2015
- Albuquerque set to get more electronic billboards April 20, 2015
- New Mexico man’s ‘Maze Runner’ copyright lawsuit makes its way through court April 15, 2015