KRQE News 13 Anchor
Kim Vallez is a native New Mexican who has been with the KRQE News 13 team since 1999. She currently anchors the noon and 4 p.m. Newscasts.
Kim was born and raised in Belen, and got her journalism degree at New Mexico State University.
One of Kim’s focuses in her many years of reporting has been, bringing to light, the problem of child abuse in our state. One of her most proud accomplishments is receiving an Emmy award for her coverage of the baby Briana case. Through that, awareness about child abuse and the need for stronger laws has spread through the state.
While reporting on problems in our area is part of being a journalist, Kim also likes to highlight the quirky things about New Mexico, which in many cases have become favorite topics on social media. She is proud that she has remained in her home state for most of her career. Kim now makes her home in Tijeras with her husband and three kids.
One of the most common questions Kim is asked…are you related to Emilio Vallez, the famous Chicago Bear? Yes…Emilio is Kim’s uncle. So as you can guess Kim is a lifelong Chicago Bear’s fan.
Kim Vallez Archive
- Las Cruces duo take acts of kindness cross country June 23, 2015
- Charges to be dropped against New Mexico boy accused in dad’s murder April 29, 2015
- State audit of Torrance Co. finds violations of regulations, state law January 5, 2015
- Rock legend with NM ties dies at age 70 December 3, 2014
- Pilot, crew donate coats to ABQ kids October 8, 2014
- NM leaders blame proximity, tax code for losing Tesla September 4, 2014
- Berrendo student to be transferred after threat September 2, 2014
- City gives 500 free bus passes to students September 2, 2014
- Sheriff Rodella faces another accusation September 2, 2014
- PNM seeks approval to increase rates September 2, 2014