KRQE News 13 Special Assignment Reporter
Kim Holland is part of the investigative team as a special assignment reporter. It’s her job at KRQE News 13 to dig up the wrong-doings, expose the corrupt, plus get answers and results for viewers. She’s worked in the Albuquerque market since 2000 and at KRQE News 13 since 2006.
Kim started her TV career in 1994. Over the years, she’s worked as a producer, editor, photographer, anchor and reporter. Kim previously worked in Fort Collins, CO, Duluth, MN and Omaha, NE. She was born in Denver, Co and spent her formative years in Reno, NV, but Albuquerque has become like home.
Kim attended Colorado State University in Fort Collins, CO. Her plan was to attend veterinary school. She took three years of veterinary classes, but when Kim took some journalism classes, she fell in love with TV. Her career as a vet has never gone beyond owning pets.
Kim has been fortunate enough to see and do some amazing things in her TV career. She’s pulled 9 G’s in a U.S.A.F. F-16 Thunderbird, she’s been to Ground Zero just after the World Trade Center towers collapsed, and she also covered the 2002 Olympics in Salt Lake City. “This is one of the greatest jobs a person could have,” Kim said. “It’s always changing and always something new.”
Kim has won two Southwest Regional Emmy Awards and has been nominated for many more. She’s also won Best News Reporter twice from the New Mexico Broadcasters Association and also won NMBA awards for single stories.
As true to her profession, which is always on the go and ever changing, you will not find Kim sitting still for long. She’s busy keeping up with her young son, her lab “Barney” and squeezing in plenty of hobbies. You can usually find Kim hiking, golfing, skiing or skydiving. Yes, skydiving.
Kim Holland Archive
- State hires convicted murderer for pilot program July 22, 2015
- Cutting edge New Mexico research helps detect skin cancer July 15, 2015
- Teen sheds light on rare disorder concentrated in New Mexico, Colorado July 8, 2015
- City of Albuquerque money funds employees’ music fest trip July 2, 2015
- Land owner says county retaliated against her after appearing on TV June 23, 2015
- Bernalillo County employee not in office, boss ‘trusts’ she’s working June 18, 2015
- Accused serial rapist, West Mesa murder suspect sentenced to 36 years in rape case June 8, 2015
- New Mexico company buries debris, faces citation June 2, 2015
- Private New Mexico land littered with shotgun shells, trash May 26, 2015
- Auto recycle yards gold mine for would-be criminals May 14, 2015