KRQE News 13 Reporter
Katherine Mozzone joined KRQE News 13 in March of 2014 as a general assignment reporter. Born in Oklahoma and raised in Atlanta, Georgia, Katherine graduated from the Grady College of Journalism at the University of Georgia in 2008 with a major in broadcast journalism.
She appreciated the opportunity to study abroad at the University of Oxford in the United Kingdom. During her senior year, Katherine interned at the local NBC 4 station while studying at George Washington University in Washington, D.C. After she completed her internship, Katherine stayed in D.C. to work on the production side of TV news at NBC News Channel on Capitol Hill. She dabbled in local D.C. politics and freelance video journalism before heading West in the spring of 2011.
Katherine reported the news at KTVM in Bozeman, Montana for three years. She often covered wildlife, conservation issues, and wildfires. In 2013, she was acknowledged by the Montana Broadcasters Association, receiving the EB Craney Award for Spot News Reporting.
When she’s not on assignment, you can find Katherine exploring the outdoors. She’s an avid skier, hiker, and mountain biker. Katherine is an animal lover and also enjoys dancing, live music, and sushi.
Katherine Mozzone Archives
- New Mexico pair turns trash into works of art May 22, 2015
- Founder: Beer week expected to bring more attention to Albuquerque May 21, 2015
- Bernalillo County set to expand traffic signal system May 20, 2015
- Recent rain helps New Mexico lake levels May 18, 2015
- Happy hour comes to Civic Plaza May 15, 2015
- New Mexico ranks in top 10 states with most hail May 14, 2015
- City to present traffic plans aimed towards cutting down on speeding, racing May 13, 2015
- New gym for all kids will help those with special needs May 12, 2015
- Bernalillo County Commission continues development proposal discussion May 11, 2015
- Social media firestorm erupts over cancelled radio show May 8, 2015