KRQE News 13 Reporter
Katherine Mozzone joined KRQE News 13 in March of 2014 as a general assignment reporter. Born in Oklahoma and raised in Atlanta, Georgia, Katherine graduated from the Grady College of Journalism at the University of Georgia in 2008 with a major in broadcast journalism.
She appreciated the opportunity to study abroad at the University of Oxford in the United Kingdom. During her senior year, Katherine interned at the local NBC 4 station while studying at George Washington University in Washington, D.C. After she completed her internship, Katherine stayed in D.C. to work on the production side of TV news at NBC News Channel on Capitol Hill. She dabbled in local D.C. politics and freelance video journalism before heading West in the spring of 2011.
Katherine reported the news at KTVM in Bozeman, Montana for three years. She often covered wildlife, conservation issues, and wildfires. In 2013, she was acknowledged by the Montana Broadcasters Association, receiving the EB Craney Award for Spot News Reporting.
When she’s not on assignment, you can find Katherine exploring the outdoors. She’s an avid skier, hiker, and mountain biker. Katherine is an animal lover and also enjoys dancing, live music, and sushi.
Katherine Mozzone Archives
- How to protect yourself against the most common fireworks injuries July 3, 2015
- Local law enforcement remains diligent for heightened July 4th terror threat July 2, 2015
- Long-time business owner revamps problem shopping center July 1, 2015
- Group spreading awareness about human trafficking heads to Albuquerque June 30, 2015
- Police: Domino’s delivery driver shot alleged robber in self-defense June 29, 2015
- Striking down common myths of a deadly weather hazard June 26, 2015
- New Mexico lawmaker joins Confederate flag fight June 24, 2015
- Some say photo showcasing Albuquerque lacks appeal June 23, 2015
- Belen native wants to set world record for hometown, good cause June 22, 2015
- Mayor Berry: Recovery center could save lives June 19, 2015