KRQE News 13 Reporter
Katherine Mozzone joined KRQE News 13 in March of 2014 as a general assignment reporter. Born in Oklahoma and raised in Atlanta, Georgia, Katherine graduated from the Grady College of Journalism at the University of Georgia in 2008 with a major in broadcast journalism.
She appreciated the opportunity to study abroad at the University of Oxford in the United Kingdom. During her senior year, Katherine interned at the local NBC 4 station while studying at George Washington University in Washington, D.C. After she completed her internship, Katherine stayed in D.C. to work on the production side of TV news at NBC News Channel on Capitol Hill. She dabbled in local D.C. politics and freelance video journalism before heading West in the spring of 2011.
Katherine reported the news at KTVM in Bozeman, Montana for three years. She often covered wildlife, conservation issues, and wildfires. In 2013, she was acknowledged by the Montana Broadcasters Association, receiving the EB Craney Award for Spot News Reporting.
When she’s not on assignment, you can find Katherine exploring the outdoors. She’s an avid skier, hiker, and mountain biker. Katherine is an animal lover and also enjoys dancing, live music, and sushi.
Katherine Mozzone Archives
- Chronic care clinic helps sick kids and their families August 3, 2015
- UNM revamps sexual misconduct workshop for new freshmen July 30, 2015
- California businessman touts New Mexico as prime place to invest July 28, 2015
- New Mexico State Police Officer on administrative leave July 27, 2015
- New Mexico’s road projects could be put on hold without action from Congress July 24, 2015
- Roadrunner Food Bank: Program for fathers with criminal records helps with efficiency July 23, 2015
- UNM professor looks to boost economy with free jobs site July 22, 2015
- City spraying more due to surge in mosquitoes July 21, 2015
- Car break-ins up in Rio Rancho, home break-ins down July 17, 2015
- Lawmaker says CYFD has yet to provide requested information July 16, 2015