KRQE News 13 Reporter
Katherine Mozzone joined KRQE News 13 in March of 2014 as a general assignment reporter. Born in Oklahoma and raised in Atlanta, Georgia, Katherine graduated from the Grady College of Journalism at the University of Georgia in 2008 with a major in broadcast journalism.
She appreciated the opportunity to study abroad at the University of Oxford in the United Kingdom. During her senior year, Katherine interned at the local NBC 4 station while studying at George Washington University in Washington, D.C. After she completed her internship, Katherine stayed in D.C. to work on the production side of TV news at NBC News Channel on Capitol Hill. She dabbled in local D.C. politics and freelance video journalism before heading West in the spring of 2011.
Katherine reported the news at KTVM in Bozeman, Montana for three years. She often covered wildlife, conservation issues, and wildfires. In 2013, she was acknowledged by the Montana Broadcasters Association, receiving the EB Craney Award for Spot News Reporting.
When she’s not on assignment, you can find Katherine exploring the outdoors. She’s an avid skier, hiker, and mountain biker. Katherine is an animal lover and also enjoys dancing, live music, and sushi.
Katherine Mozzone Archives
- Public input sought on delicate city park April 23, 2015
- Nonprofit, management group to unveil new initiatives to revitalize Civic Plaza April 22, 2015
- Former prosecutor to sue DA’s office April 21, 2015
- UNM robots spark high schoolers’ interest, attract NASA’s attention April 20, 2015
- Animal welfare officers, more than dog catchers April 17, 2015
- New Mexico athlete turns to fundraising site for help April 16, 2015
- Research reveals common pain reliever has psychological side effects April 15, 2015
- Last minute tax advice, refund spending ideas April 14, 2015
- Bernalillo County wants to consolidate, considers building purchase April 13, 2015
- Albuquerque Public Schools names 3 superintendent finalists April 9, 2015