KRQE News 13 Meteorologist
John Smith has been a meteorologist for KRQE since 2010. Originally from South Carolina, John has been interested in weather since 6th grade when several hurricanes scraped the Carolina coast. After obtaining a Physics Degree from Francis Marion University in Florence, SC, John earned his Masters of Science in meteorology from Florida State University.
John is a member of the American Meteorological Society and National Weather Association. While in Florida, John served as the secretary for the nationally recognized North Florida Chapter of the AMS. John has also earned his Certified Broadcast Meteorologist seal from the AMS.
While not working, John enjoys the active life New Mexico has to offer. He enjoys running, hiking, and skiing. John also spends a great deal of time volunteering at his church playing in the praise band, ringing with the handbell choir, and assisting with audio and video during services.
John Smith Archive
- John’s Friday Night Forecast July 10, 2015
- John’s Friday Night Forecast July 3, 2015
- John’s Thursday Night Forecast July 2, 2015
- John’s Monday Evening Weather Report June 15, 2015
- John’s Friday Afternoon Forecast May 29, 2015
- John’s Thursday Afternoon Forecast May 28, 2015
- John’s Wednesday Evening Forecast May 27, 2015
- John’s Tuesday Evening Forecast May 26, 2015
- John’s Monday Evening Forecast May 25, 2015
- Tornado touches down in Roswell, destroys shed May 5, 2015