KRQE News 13 Reporter
Gabrielle Burkhart is a general assignment reporter/multimedia journalist for KRQE News 13 in Albuquerque.
Gabrielle joined the KRQE team in June 2011 as the southeastern New Mexico bureau reporter. Originally from Albuquerque, Gabrielle went to school in Texas, where she received a Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of North Texas in Radio Television and Film, with a concentration in broadcast journalism, and minors in Spanish and music. At UNT, Gabrielle was part of a crew that won Lone Star Emmy Awards for news coverage.
While in Roswell, Gabrielle covered stories ranging from Felix Baumgartner’s launch and record-setting 24-mile leap from space, to days-long team coverage of the Little Bear Fire that burned more than 250 homes near Ruidoso. As a multimedia journalist, Gabrielle shoots video, writes, edits, and sometimes sets up her own live shots.
Now in Albuquerque, Gabrielle enjoys meeting new people, sharing a wide-range of stories, and giving people a voice through media, who may not otherwise have one.
In her free time, she enjoys exploring the outdoors, hiking, watching movies, Texas Rangers baseball, meeting new friends, and hanging out with her Great Dane, Wyatt. Bob’s Burger’s chile has become a weakness of hers.
Gabrielle Burkhart Archive
- Native beadwork stolen from Gathering of Nations dancer April 27, 2015
- Highway paintball shooters scare drivers April 22, 2015
- Man accused of child rape allowed to play volleyball tournament April 21, 2015
- Veterans protest name chosen for city highway April 20, 2015
- Volunteers rescue puppies living under concrete slab April 19, 2015
- Hit-and-run victim’s family asks driver to come forward April 18, 2015
- Shelter adopts out pet ferret, despite owner’s report April 17, 2015
- GPS used to investigate speeding school bus claim April 16, 2015
- Albuquerque neighborhoods hiring private security April 15, 2015
- Warm weather brings patio furniture thieves April 10, 2015