KRQE News 13 Reporter
Gabrielle Burkhart is a general assignment reporter/multimedia journalist for KRQE News 13 in Albuquerque.
Gabrielle joined the KRQE team in June 2011 as the southeastern New Mexico bureau reporter. Originally from Albuquerque, Gabrielle went to school in Texas, where she received a Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of North Texas in Radio Television and Film, with a concentration in broadcast journalism, and minors in Spanish and music. At UNT, Gabrielle was part of a crew that won Lone Star Emmy Awards for news coverage.
While in Roswell, Gabrielle covered stories ranging from Felix Baumgartner’s launch and record-setting 24-mile leap from space, to days-long team coverage of the Little Bear Fire that burned more than 250 homes near Ruidoso. As a multimedia journalist, Gabrielle shoots video, writes, edits, and sometimes sets up her own live shots.
Now in Albuquerque, Gabrielle enjoys meeting new people, sharing a wide-range of stories, and giving people a voice through media, who may not otherwise have one.
In her free time, she enjoys exploring the outdoors, hiking, watching movies, Texas Rangers baseball, meeting new friends, and hanging out with her Great Dane, Wyatt. Bob’s Burger’s chile has become a weakness of hers.
Gabrielle Burkhart Archive
- New Mexico woman turns shed into crafting sanctuary July 31, 2015
- Albuquerque veterans find sanctuary in local farm project July 30, 2015
- Santa Fe Republican Treasurer ousted over Donald Trump piñata July 28, 2015
- Albuquerque Police: Recent SWAT calls ending peacefully July 24, 2015
- Teen murder suspect’s grandparents arrested for attacking alleged ‘snitch’ July 23, 2015
- Caught on camera: Health care worker steals from assisted living residents July 22, 2015
- Parents: Suspicious man posing as security camera salesman may be targeting kids July 21, 2015
- Women accuse Domino’s supervisor of sexual harassment July 20, 2015
- Warm welcome for store employees after fire July 17, 2015
- Caught on camera: Two high-speed chases, crime spree July 16, 2015