KRQE News 13 Reporter
Gabrielle Burkhart is a general assignment reporter/multimedia journalist for KRQE News 13 in Albuquerque.
Gabrielle joined the KRQE team in June 2011 as the southeastern New Mexico bureau reporter. Originally from Albuquerque, Gabrielle went to school in Texas, where she received a Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of North Texas in Radio Television and Film, with a concentration in broadcast journalism, and minors in Spanish and music. At UNT, Gabrielle was part of a crew that won Lone Star Emmy Awards for news coverage.
While in Roswell, Gabrielle covered stories ranging from Felix Baumgartner’s launch and record-setting 24-mile leap from space, to days-long team coverage of the Little Bear Fire that burned more than 250 homes near Ruidoso. As a multimedia journalist, Gabrielle shoots video, writes, edits, and sometimes sets up her own live shots.
Now in Albuquerque, Gabrielle enjoys meeting new people, sharing a wide-range of stories, and giving people a voice through media, who may not otherwise have one.
In her free time, she enjoys exploring the outdoors, hiking, watching movies, Texas Rangers baseball, meeting new friends, and hanging out with her Great Dane, Wyatt. Bob’s Burger’s chile has become a weakness of hers.
Gabrielle Burkhart Archive
- Memorial Day weekend means rest for some, work for many May 22, 2015
- Albuquerque businesses use ‘video analytics’ to protect property May 21, 2015
- Albuquerque couple fears someone gave their dog away on Craigslist May 19, 2015
- Man writes death threats to neighbors from jail May 18, 2015
- Police signs promote safety from unwanted visitors May 15, 2015
- Imbibe bouncer arrested for attacking customer May 14, 2015
- School cancels 8th grade field trip due to ‘bad behavior’ May 13, 2015
- Man claims someone’s dumping prairie dogs on property May 12, 2015
- Repeat vandalism suspect arrested for trashing downtown May 11, 2015
- Albuquerque teacher investigated for inappropriate relationship with student May 8, 2015