KRQE News 13 Weekend Anchor/Reporter Emily Younger
Emily Younger always says reporting is about making a difference. She says when she’s helping those in the community she knows she’s doing her job.
Emily started working for KRQE in June 2013 as the Roswell bureau reporter. She graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in broadcast journalism and advertising from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln in 2013. In college, she had the opportunity to intern at several TV stations in her home state, Kansas. She also worked for ESPN and the BIG 10 Network.
Emily believes the busier she is, the better she is. She grew up in a rural community in western Kansas where she learned firsthand what hard work is. She’s a big family person and says she owes her accomplishments to her strong-willed parents and older brother.
When Emily’s not at work, you can find her at the gym. She loves to run, lift, and do just about anything active. She’s a major animal lover and loves to read. She says her favorite thing to do is spend a lazy day working on jigsaw puzzles.
Emily Younger Archive
- Blind New Mexico dog needs new home July 26, 2015
- Project’s goal: Spread happiness around Albuquerque July 25, 2015
- SUV falls into Albuquerque sinkhole, driver files claim July 24, 2015
- People turn Albuquerque Westside neighborhood into dumping ground July 23, 2015
- Albuquerque woman puts lost dog on Craigslist, asks for ‘rehoming’ fee July 22, 2015
- Restoration work begins on Albuquerque B-29 bomber July 19, 2015
- Albuquerque man trying to become 3rd generation Navy diver July 18, 2015
- Moriarty girl bit by snake twice faces her fears July 17, 2015
- Firefighters give vacation time to fellow worker battling disease July 16, 2015
- Albuquerque kids use cameras to document life as they see it July 12, 2015
Tweets by @krqe