KRQE News 13 Weekend Anchor/Reporter Emily Younger
Emily Younger always says reporting is about making a difference. She says when she’s helping those in the community she knows she’s doing her job.
Emily started working for KRQE in June 2013 as the Roswell bureau reporter. She graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in broadcast journalism and advertising from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln in 2013. In college, she had the opportunity to intern at several TV stations in her home state, Kansas. She also worked for ESPN and the BIG 10 Network.
Emily believes the busier she is, the better she is. She grew up in a rural community in western Kansas where she learned firsthand what hard work is. She’s a big family person and says she owes her accomplishments to her strong-willed parents and older brother.
When Emily’s not at work, you can find her at the gym. She loves to run, lift, and do just about anything active. She’s a major animal lover and loves to read. She says her favorite thing to do is spend a lazy day working on jigsaw puzzles.
Emily Younger Archive
- Throwback teen dance party coming to Albuquerque July 5, 2015
- World War II Veteran honored at Albuquerque block party July 4, 2015
- Fake toddler strapped to car shocks Albuquerque driver July 3, 2015
- Bees swarm Albuquerque playgrounds, city says don’t worry July 2, 2015
- County: Albuquerque needs more swimming pools July 1, 2015
- Albuquerque Red Cross installs smoke detectors in homes June 29, 2015
- Trespassers return to private land to clean litter they left behind June 27, 2015
- Albuquerque neighbors: Teens attack drivers with cotton balls June 26, 2015
- Unique light poles coming to Albuquerque June 26, 2015
- Albuquerque Walmart makes customers check bags before shopping June 24, 2015
Tweets by @krqe