KRQE News 13 Reporter Emily Younger
Emily Younger always says reporting is about making a difference. She says when she’s helping those in the community she knows she’s doing her job.
Emily started working for KRQE in June 2013 as the Roswell bureau reporter. She graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in broadcast journalism and advertising from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln in 2013. In college, she had the opportunity to intern at several TV stations in her home state, Kansas. She also worked for ESPN and the BIG 10 Network.
Emily believes the busier she is, the better she is. She grew up in a rural community in western Kansas where she learned firsthand what hard work is. She’s a big family person and says she owes her accomplishments to her strong-willed parents and older brother.
When Emily’s not at work, you can find her at the gym. She loves to run, lift, and do just about anything active. She’s a major animal lover and loves to read. She says her favorite thing to do is spend a lazy day working on jigsaw puzzles.
Emily Younger Archive
- Taggers hit busy Albuquerque street, neighbors upset May 27, 2015
- Therapy dog helps 4-year-old show emotion for first time May 24, 2015
- A year later, historic cemetery still in disrepair May 23, 2015
- Albuquerque panhandling initiative struggles to get donations May 22, 2015
- Police: New mexico high schooler used Slender Man to creep out girls May 21, 2015
- Water main break leaves Albuquerque dog park without water May 20, 2015
- UNM 4 Nepal looking to help rebuild villages after eathquake May 17, 2015
- Laughter yoga: a unique way to exercise in Albuquerque May 16, 2015
- Belen elementary students help janitor propose to girlfriend May 15, 2015
- Family: Albuquerque police drove son to kill himself May 14, 2015
Tweets by @krqe