KRQE News 13 Reporter Emily Younger
Emily Younger always says reporting is about making a difference. She says when she’s helping those in the community she knows she’s doing her job.
Emily started working for KRQE in June 2013 as the Roswell bureau reporter. She graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in broadcast journalism and advertising from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln in 2013. In college, she had the opportunity to intern at several TV stations in her home state, Kansas. She also worked for ESPN and the BIG 10 Network.
Emily believes the busier she is, the better she is. She grew up in a rural community in western Kansas where she learned firsthand what hard work is. She’s a big family person and says she owes her accomplishments to her strong-willed parents and older brother.
When Emily’s not at work, you can find her at the gym. She loves to run, lift, and do just about anything active. She’s a major animal lover and loves to read. She says her favorite thing to do is spend a lazy day working on jigsaw puzzles.
Emily Younger Archive
- Family adopts deaf dog for girl losing her hearing April 18, 2015
- New Mexico teacher calls Gallup parents pot users April 17, 2015
- Albuquerque zoo welcomes two new animals, more on the way April 16, 2015
- Animal Control: 44 dogs found in Elephant Butte garage April 15, 2015
- Painting goat makes debut in Albuquerque April 12, 2015
- Suspect drags deputy with car, begins high speed chase April 10, 2015
- Daily Lobo takes aim at gender specific words he, she April 9, 2015
- Trash, needles dumped along Albuquerque Bosque April 8, 2015
- APS students turn toilet seats into art April 5, 2015
- Police: thefts at UNM housing could be inside job April 3, 2015
Tweets by @krqe