KRQE News 13 Anchor/Special Assignment Reporter Dean Staley
Dean Staley is the principal anchor and special assignment reporter for KRQE News 13 and 2 KASA in Albuquerque, NM.
Dean is an Albuquerque native. He graduated from Boston University where he earned a Bachelor of Science degree in broadcast journalism and a Bachelor of Arts degree in political science. Prior to the start of his broadcast career, Dean spent two years in the Peace Corps, where he taught beekeeping and soil conservation to subsistence farmers in Paraguay, South America.
Dean returned to Albuquerque from KING 5 News in Seattle where he was an anchor and reporter. Before that, Dean worked in Minneapolis, MN as a weekend anchor and general assignment reporter for KSTP-TV. During his stint at KSTP, Dean was embedded for three months with the Army’s 101st Airborne Division, covering the war in Iraq. Prior to KSTP, Dean served as a correspondent for ABC News based in Atlanta, Ga.
Dean has written articles for the London Sunday Telegraph, The Seattle Times, Twin Cities Business Monthly, and The Rake magazine. He also has a chapter in the book “Embedded” about his time in Iraq.
Dean Staley Archive
- Golden Apple Winner: Randy Martin April 16, 2015
- Golden Apple Winner: Jana Rupp April 14, 2015
- 2 New Mexico officers claim they were falsely arrested in Hawaii April 14, 2015
- Dancing to Learn: Program aims to help students improve December 2, 2014
- Academy students take part in annual dig September 24, 2014
- Missing teen found in an Arizona hospital September 16, 2014
- Human skull, bones found near Belen baseball field September 11, 2014
- Unser and I-40 bridge lights fail September 8, 2014
- PED takes over charter schools’ finances September 3, 2014
- UNM Police: Bike thefts up September 3, 2014
Tweets by @krqe