KRQE News 13 Reporter
From a very early age growing up in his hometown of Santa Fe, New Mexico, David Romero knew he would be working in news and as part of the media. Beginning his career in radio while in college at the University of New Mexico, David earned his Bachelor’s Degree in Mass Communication/Journalism with an emphasis in Broadcast in May 2000. Also during this time, David made the switch from radio to television with jobs in production at the local PBS affiliate as well as reporting for the Spanish Language News affiliate in Albuquerque. Then, in September 2005, David started work at KRQE-TV.
In his time at KRQE News 13, David’s range of abilities incorporated into his job as a multi-media journalist. This includes writing, reporting and setting-up his live shots for the broadcast. A couple of stories that really stand out to David is President Obama’s first visit to New Mexico as President in 2009 and fourteen straight days of covering the Las Conchas fire in June 2011. Some of David’s reports on the Las Conchas Fire were used live on The Early Show on CBS.
David’s enthusiasm for telling stories about news in his home state and his family are two big reasons he has remained in this market and at KRQE. From the lighter hearted stories to breaking news events of the day, David continues an interest in broadcasting that began many years ago and will continue for many to come.
David Romero Archive
- National Bike Month kicks off for May May 1, 2015
- Charity golf tournament returns to New Mexico April 28, 2015
- New drug rehab center to open in Albuquerque April 27, 2015
- UNM School of Medicine celebrates anniversary with a rave April 24, 2015
- Music festival renews interest in art song April 22, 2015
- Big bike swap to aid sport in Albuquerque April 21, 2015
- Homeowners reminded to check insulation April 20, 2015
- Auto show highlights more economical cars April 17, 2015
- Fitness park encourages fun and exercise April 16, 2015
- Nob Hill mural honors original Albuquerque spelling April 13, 2015