KRQE News 13 Reporter
From a very early age growing up in his hometown of Santa Fe, New Mexico, David Romero knew he would be working in news and as part of the media. Beginning his career in radio while in college at the University of New Mexico, David earned his Bachelor’s Degree in Mass Communication/Journalism with an emphasis in Broadcast in May 2000. Also during this time, David made the switch from radio to television with jobs in production at the local PBS affiliate as well as reporting for the Spanish Language News affiliate in Albuquerque. Then, in September 2005, David started work at KRQE-TV.
In his time at KRQE News 13, David’s range of abilities incorporated into his job as a multi-media journalist. This includes writing, reporting and setting-up his live shots for the broadcast. A couple of stories that really stand out to David is President Obama’s first visit to New Mexico as President in 2009 and fourteen straight days of covering the Las Conchas fire in June 2011. Some of David’s reports on the Las Conchas Fire were used live on The Early Show on CBS.
David’s enthusiasm for telling stories about news in his home state and his family are two big reasons he has remained in this market and at KRQE. From the lighter hearted stories to breaking news events of the day, David continues an interest in broadcasting that began many years ago and will continue for many to come.
David Romero Archive
- International celebration ‘Diner en Blanc’ returns to Albuquerque July 29, 2015
- Albuquerque planetarium offers more than a look at the stars July 28, 2015
- Young Albuquerque teen becomes a published author July 22, 2015
- Route 66 Summerfest features a full jazz lineup July 17, 2015
- New Mexico captured in new photo exhibit July 16, 2015
- Fruit and vegetable hunters search Santa Fe Farmer’s Market July 15, 2015
- Green chile prominently featured in sushi roll July 13, 2015
- Mariachi Spectacular coming to Albuquerque this weekend July 9, 2015
- Invited dignitaries get free VIP at Freedom Fourth July 3, 2015
- ABQ Museum hosting a free night of fun for families June 18, 2015