KRQE News 13 Reporter
Trading in corn and cattle for chile and roadrunners, Cole Miller comes to Albuquerque from Nebraska. Born and raised in the capitol city of Lincoln, he graduated from the University of Nebraska while working at the local ABC affiliate. When he decided it was time to spice things up, he joined the team at KRQE News 13 as a multimedia journalist in June of 2013.
Cole loves to talk and tell stories, especially those that would otherwise go unnoticed. That’s why he got into the business. Getting out of the office and into the neighborhoods, streets and homes of New Mexicans is important to Cole. You can’t get a good story simply sitting in front of the computer all day. Never shying away from a challenge, Cole prefers to stay on his toes rather than comfortable situations.
Back home, Cole reported live from Nebraska’s GOP headquarters during the 2012 Presidential election and flew alongside the Blue Angels in a Boeing KC-135 Stratotanker. Here in New Mexico, Cole reported live from Roswell after the Berrendo Middle School shooting and recently here in Albuquerque the 12-hour protest against the Albuquerque Police Department.
When he’s not lugging around a video camera and tripod, you can find Cole with his trusty Nikon D-80 hanging around his neck. On his days off, he enjoys getting outside and exploring the Land of Enchantment one picture at a time. Come football season, he’s never far from the TV when the Huskers play. He may root “Go Big Red!” in the fall, but it’s all green when it comes to chile.
Cole Miller Archive
- Gladiators, state sort out stock dispute April 15, 2015
- APD chief sticks by YouTube message, quiet on excessive force claims April 14, 2015
- Few tickets written for talking on phone, texting while driving April 13, 2015
- Family dog killed, left on doorstep April 12, 2015
- Interactive lights to shine bright at The Pit April 11, 2015
- Stadium naming deal could bring big bucks to Albuquerque schools April 8, 2015
- Fifth ‘Tent City’ pops up outside city limits April 7, 2015
- No charges for neighbor who shot, killed dogs April 6, 2015
- Trinity site draws tourists, protesters, 70 years later April 4, 2015
- Major Coors overhaul hits road block April 3, 2015