KRQE News 13 Reporter
Chris McKee is a general assignment reporter/multimedia journalist for KRQE News 13.
Chris joined KRQE in April 2013 after moving to New Mexico from his home state of Oregon. He was born and raised in Corvallis, Oregon. He graduated from the University of Oregon’s School of Journalism and Communication in 2007 with a degree in broadcast journalism and a certificate in film studies.
Chris began his career in journalism in Bend, Oregon as a newscast producer for a start-up news station, KOHD-TV. By 2010, Chris went from producing to reporting, and moved to Roseburg, Oregon, where he was the Douglas County news bureau reporter for KMTR-TV. In 2011, Chris moved to Eugene, Oregon, where he continued reporting for KMTR-TV, covering news across Oregon’s Willamette Valley through March 2013.
Chris was the reporter who first initiated the questioning of Albuquerque’s Police Chief as to if he believed the officer involved shooting of James Boyd, a homeless camper in the city’s foothills, was justified. Chris also comprehensively covered budget problems with the Lane County Sheriff’s Office in Oregon that lead to the release of hundreds of inmates from the county jail.
In his free time, Chris enjoys exploring Albuquerque’s city and New Mexico’s wilderness, trying new restaurants and learning about the southwest. He’s interested in technology, photography, the film industry, and the brewery scene. He loves cooking and says he, “firmly believes green chile makes everything amazing”.
Chris McKee Archive
- Video shows wanted man tased, arrested near UNM dorms April 15, 2015
- Albuquerque to post coyote warning signs April 14, 2015
- Albuquerque breweries welcome local brewery growth April 13, 2015
- Study: Major League Soccer viable for New Mexico April 10, 2015
- New Mexico police officer’s accused killer considering return from Cuba April 9, 2015
- Albuquerque mayor hesitant to pay ‘fair-share’ of county jail costs April 8, 2015
- Fake blood helps nab Albuquerque man accused in Lindy’s Diner fire April 7, 2015
- Santa Fe police recover mound of stolen jewelry, baseball cards April 6, 2015
- Police: 13-year-old was getaway driver for drunk dad April 5, 2015
- Banana throwing man apologizes to Dave Chappelle April 2, 2015