KRQE News 13 Reporter
Chris McKee is a general assignment reporter/multimedia journalist for KRQE News 13.
Chris joined KRQE in April 2013 after moving to New Mexico from his home state of Oregon. He was born and raised in Corvallis, Oregon. He graduated from the University of Oregon’s School of Journalism and Communication in 2007 with a degree in broadcast journalism and a certificate in film studies.
Chris began his career in journalism in Bend, Oregon as a newscast producer for a start-up news station, KOHD-TV. By 2010, Chris went from producing to reporting, and moved to Roseburg, Oregon, where he was the Douglas County news bureau reporter for KMTR-TV. In 2011, Chris moved to Eugene, Oregon, where he continued reporting for KMTR-TV, covering news across Oregon’s Willamette Valley through March 2013.
Chris was the reporter who first initiated the questioning of Albuquerque’s Police Chief as to if he believed the officer involved shooting of James Boyd, a homeless camper in the city’s foothills, was justified. Chris also comprehensively covered budget problems with the Lane County Sheriff’s Office in Oregon that lead to the release of hundreds of inmates from the county jail.
In his free time, Chris enjoys exploring Albuquerque’s city and New Mexico’s wilderness, trying new restaurants and learning about the southwest. He’s interested in technology, photography, the film industry, and the brewery scene. He loves cooking and says he, “firmly believes green chile makes everything amazing”.
Chris McKee Archive
- Neighbors push to stop speeders on major downtown route July 1, 2015
- Balloon Fiesta bucks trend of banning ‘selfie sticks’ June 30, 2015
- Albuquerque raises stakes, budget for fireworks event June 29, 2015
- Businesses protest city bus plan to close some Central Ave. left-turns June 25, 2015
- Driver accused of intentionally ramming car into Albuquerque dealership June 24, 2015
- Dirty needles prick two people at downtown Albuquerque market June 23, 2015
- Shady future: City landscaping rule changes could bring more trees June 22, 2015
- Thief steals SUV, lifeline from Albuquerque father fighting cancer June 19, 2015
- Retail expert suggests major traffic changes for Nob Hill June 18, 2015
- New Albuquerque bus system plans delay west Central revamp June 17, 2015