KRQE News 13 Reporter
Chris McKee is a general assignment reporter/multimedia journalist for KRQE News 13.
Chris joined KRQE in April 2013 after moving to New Mexico from his home state of Oregon. He was born and raised in Corvallis, Oregon. He graduated from the University of Oregon’s School of Journalism and Communication in 2007 with a degree in broadcast journalism and a certificate in film studies.
Chris began his career in journalism in Bend, Oregon as a newscast producer for a start-up news station, KOHD-TV. By 2010, Chris went from producing to reporting, and moved to Roseburg, Oregon, where he was the Douglas County news bureau reporter for KMTR-TV. In 2011, Chris moved to Eugene, Oregon, where he continued reporting for KMTR-TV, covering news across Oregon’s Willamette Valley through March 2013.
Chris was the reporter who first initiated the questioning of Albuquerque’s Police Chief as to if he believed the officer involved shooting of James Boyd, a homeless camper in the city’s foothills, was justified. Chris also comprehensively covered budget problems with the Lane County Sheriff’s Office in Oregon that lead to the release of hundreds of inmates from the county jail.
In his free time, Chris enjoys exploring Albuquerque’s city and New Mexico’s wilderness, trying new restaurants and learning about the southwest. He’s interested in technology, photography, the film industry, and the brewery scene. He loves cooking and says he, “firmly believes green chile makes everything amazing”.
Chris McKee Archive
- Thief takes sign honoring longtime Albuquerque golf course mother May 22, 2015
- ‘Great Food Truck Race’ TV show rolls into Santa Fe May 21, 2015
- Albuquerque woman accused of shooting at neighbors disappears May 20, 2015
- Mom claims Albuquerque school bus driver hit son in face May 19, 2015
- Bernalillo County deputies sing birthday surprise for kids May 18, 2015
- Thief grabs UNM Children’s Hospital donation jug May 15, 2015
- Parking lot booting stings Albuquerque drivers May 13, 2015
- Police cite New Mexico State Representative for building move May 12, 2015
- Albuquerque focuses on rehabbing old parks May 11, 2015
- Student poses as police officer at Los Lunas High School May 6, 2015