KRQE News 13 Reporter
Chris McKee is a general assignment reporter/multimedia journalist for KRQE News 13.
Chris joined KRQE in April 2013 after moving to New Mexico from his home state of Oregon. He was born and raised in Corvallis, Oregon. He graduated from the University of Oregon’s School of Journalism and Communication in 2007 with a degree in broadcast journalism and a certificate in film studies.
Chris began his career in journalism in Bend, Oregon as a newscast producer for a start-up news station, KOHD-TV. By 2010, Chris went from producing to reporting, and moved to Roseburg, Oregon, where he was the Douglas County news bureau reporter for KMTR-TV. In 2011, Chris moved to Eugene, Oregon, where he continued reporting for KMTR-TV, covering news across Oregon’s Willamette Valley through March 2013.
Chris was the reporter who first initiated the questioning of Albuquerque’s Police Chief as to if he believed the officer involved shooting of James Boyd, a homeless camper in the city’s foothills, was justified. Chris also comprehensively covered budget problems with the Lane County Sheriff’s Office in Oregon that lead to the release of hundreds of inmates from the county jail.
In his free time, Chris enjoys exploring Albuquerque’s city and New Mexico’s wilderness, trying new restaurants and learning about the southwest. He’s interested in technology, photography, the film industry, and the brewery scene. He loves cooking and says he, “firmly believes green chile makes everything amazing”.
Chris McKee Archive
- County seeks opinions on Sunport Boulevard extension July 30, 2015
- Governor Martinez addresses future of Virgin Galactic in New Mexico July 28, 2015
- WisePies pizza chain runs into tax trouble July 27, 2015
- Albuquerque Dukes team celebrates 100 years, business continues to grow July 25, 2015
- Nob Hill neighbors fight restaurant’s patio expansion July 23, 2015
- Mac & cheese fest comes to Albuquerque July 22, 2015
- Parents push for missing Albuquerque school jungle gym July 21, 2015
- Albuquerque planning $16M in Sunport upgrades July 16, 2015
- Architect designs roundabout to solve Santa Fe intersection problems July 15, 2015
- Albuquerque day care’s sudden closure costs some parents July 14, 2015