KRQE News 13 Weekend Anchor/Reporter
Alex Goldsmith is KRQE News 13’s weekend evening anchor and a general assignment reporter. He’s been with the station since December 2011, covering New Mexico and his hometown of Santa Fe.
Alex got his start in Santa Fe. He hosted a radio show and was the public address announcer and briefly the play-by-play voice for the Santa Fe Roadrunners hockey team. After graduating from Santa Fe Prep, Alex pursued a degree in broadcast journalism at the University of Southern California. He was the Sports Director for the Student News network and did radio play by play for the USC Trojans hockey team. Towards the end of his collegiate career, Alex made the transition towards doing harder news stories for WILX-TV in Lansing, MI. There he covered Michigan politics and traveled with the MSU Spartans for their Capital One Bowl appearance in 2011. Alex then returned to the Land of Enchantment to join KRQE News 13.
Alex covered the State Legislature’s annual sessions for two years and the 2012 and 2014 general elections. Although he’s a politics junkie, Alex reports on a wide array of stories, typically for the 10PM newscast on weekdays. As a big sports fan, he’s also traveled with the Lobos for NCAA trips to Portland and Salt Lake City. Alex was promoted to the weekend evening anchor job in 2014 and enjoys keeping New Mexicans informed on the 5:30 PM, 9:00 PM and 10 PM newscasts Saturday and Sunday.
In his spare time, Alex enjoys an eclectic mix of photography, board games, cheering on his USC Trojans and binge-watching shows on Netflix. Some of his favorite spots to take pictures are Albuquerque’s BioPark and Balloon Fiesta Park when Fiesta is in full swing.
Alex Goldsmith Archive
- New Mexico officer arrested for using taser to flirt April 17, 2015
- State to let gamblers ban themselves from more casinos April 14, 2015
- State cop beats illegal dumping rap April 13, 2015
- Worker fired, accused of cashing in copper wire April 12, 2015
- “Canzobra” built for unusual Santa Fe competition April 11, 2015
- Orbit Dog, apples foster, Rocky-rita new to Isotopes menu April 8, 2015
- Governor signs bill expanding reading program to improving schools April 8, 2015
- 9-year-old boy saves neighbor from fire April 7, 2015
- New Mexico three-wheeled car drivers no longer need helmets April 7, 2015
- Sheriff’s department under state investigation for DWI spending April 6, 2015