Private landowners are having a big problem with hunters trespassing on their property.
It’s become such a problem that Game and Fish is joining with District Attorneys to hold public forums. They’ll address everything from obligations of landowners, hunters and anglers, to required permits and sign posting requirements.
The forums are set for next week across Lincoln and Otero counties.
Meeting times and sites:
- Corona: 9 to 11 a.m., Corona Senior Center, 451 Main St.
- Capitan: 1 to 3 p.m., Capitan Senior Center, 115 Tiger Drive.
- Hondo: 4:30 to 6:30 p.m., Hondo High School, 111 Don Pablo Lane.
- Alamogordo: 9 to 11 a.m., Otero County Sheriff’s Office, 3208 N. White Sands Blvd.
- Mayhill: 1 to 3 p.m., Mayhill Fire Department, 11 Civic Center Drive.
- Pinon: 4:30 to 6 p.m., Pinon Community Club, 2337 N.M. 24.
For more information about the meetings, please contact Sgt. Jason Kline, (575) 973-0233.