1. Firefighters will reassess their next move as they continue battling that raging wildfire in California. The massive fast-moving wildfires have already destroyed at least 150 structures including a massive apartment complex and the Vista del Mar Hospital. At this time there are no deaths confirmed yet. Four firefighters have been injured and three of them are recovering from burns.
2. A man accused of groping and trying to kidnap a 12-year-old girl is waking up behind bars. Prosecutors are asking a district court judge to hold him there without bond until trial. According to the complaint the girl, was walking to school, in her neighborhood, near Gibson and I-25 when Armando Chavez reportedly “held her against her will,” and touched her inappropriately, according to a criminal complaint. The girl told police she kept fighting and managed to get away. This is Chavez’s first offense involving children.
3. A very cold start to the day with morning temperatures mostly in the single digits, teens & 20s.
Full Story: Kristen’s Wednesday Morning Forecast
4. The Albuquerque Police Officers Association is launching their annual Santa Patrol Wednesday. It’s the 4th year officers are helping local families during the holidays. This year police are partnering with local charity Beds-4-Kidz. Officers association members are set to kick off the event, focusing on helping families that don’t have a bed to sleep in. Officers are accepting dropping off new beds, linens, blankets, or a monetary donation at any APD substation.
5. Former Lobo and Chicago Bears linebacker Brian Urlacher is grinning from ear to ear after being inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame Tuesday night. He’s now counting down the days to February, where he hopes to enter the Pro-Football Hall of Fame on his first ballot. Urlacher only had one scholarship coming out of Lovington and it was to the University of New Mexico.
Morning’s Top Stories
- State Police releases name of officer-involved in deadly November shooting
- Pipeline explodes in Eddy County, residents in area asked to self-evacuate
- FBI search for man who robbed northwest Albuquerque bank
- Warnings intensify as Trump readies Jerusalem declaration
- MDC blames paperwork problem for double murder suspect’s accidental release
- Supreme Court makes changes to Bernalillo County’s Case Management Order
- Rock icon Johnny Hallyday, known as French Elvis, dies at 74
- New Mexico national monuments to remain intact