ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – Albuquerque voters will head to the polls in October to decide on the next mayor but there is a lot on the agenda for each candidate before Election Day.
★ Voting Information
Voter Registration is conducted and maintained by the Bernalillo County Clerk (505) 243-VOTE (8683).
If you have moved, completed a legal name change, or changed your party affiliation, you need to update your voter registration with the County Clerk.
City Voters may cast their ballots at any one of the twelve (12) early voting locations or at any one of the fifty three (53) municipal Voting Centers on Election Day, October 3, 2017. Precincts are not assigned a specific polling location for Early Voting or on Election Day; for purposes of consolidating precincts, the City is consolidated into one precinct – CP1.
Early voting is available Sept 13th through the 29th at the following locations:
- 98th and Central (Bernalillo County Rental) 120 98th NW Suite A5.
- City of Albuquerque Records Center 604 Menaul NW 87107
- Office of the City Clerk 600 2nd NW 87102
- Alamosa Community Center 6900 Gonzales SW 87121
- North Domingo Baca Multigenerational Center 7521 Carmel NE 87113
- Don Newton/Taylor Ranch Community Center 4900 Kachina NW 87120
- Petroglyph Plaza 8201 Golf Course NW Suite D1 87120
- Cesar Chavez Community Center 7505 Kathryn SE 87108
- Los Altos Plaza 4200 Wyoming NE 87111
- Daskalos Plaza 5339 Menaul NE 87110
- Caracol Plaza 12500 Montgomery NE 87111
- Manzano Mesa Multigenerational Center 501 Elizabeth SE 87123
A photo ID must presented in order to vote in Albuquerque municipal elections. The following types of identification are accepted at the polling places:
- Government-issued card containing the voter’s name and photo
- Driver’s license
- Student identification card
- Credit or debit card
- Insurance card
- Union membership card
- Professional association card
- City Clerk-issued identification
- Other membership cards with the voter’s name and photo
★ Albuquerque Mayoral Candidates
★ Timeline of events for Mayoral Candidates
Below is a timeline of significant dates leading up to and following Election Day.
- January 1, 2017: Exploratory period begins.
- January 2 through February 15, 2017: Candidates must submit Declaration of Intent to seek public financing.
- February 16 through March 31, 2017: Qualifying period for Mayoral candidates. Candidates must collect 3,000 signatures from registered Albuquerque to qualify for candidacy.
- April 1, 2017: Mayoral candidate deadline to submit their application for certification and final contributions and receipts to the City Clerk.
- April 28, 2017: Deadline for candidates to submit signatures to City Clerk.
- July 3, 2017: City clerk will mail requested applications for absentee ballots.
- July 14, 2017: First campaign disclosure statement due to the City Clerk.
- August 4, 2017: Candidates may begin displaying political signs.
- August 8, 2017: Candidates must file their declaration of Candidacy with the City Clerk.
- August 9, 2017: City Clerk will certify candidate declarations.
- August 10, 2017: Candidates are required to appear at the City Clerk’s Office to determine if they were certified for candidacy.
- August 11, 2017: Second campaign disclosure statement due.
- August 15, 2017: Last day for certified candidates to withdraw candidacy.
- August 16, 2017: City Clerk certifies write-in candidates.
- August 29, 2016: Absentee Ballot issued to approved applicants. Last day for write-in candidates to withdraw.
- September 5, 2017: Voter registration closes.
- September 8, 2017: Third campaign disclosure statement due.
- September 13 – September 29, 2017: Early Voting
- October 3, 2017: Election Day. Polls open from 7 a.m. until 7 p.m.
- October 20, 2017: Prevailing candidates must appear at City Clerk’s office. City Clerk will swear-in candidates but will take office after the public swearing-in ceremony in December.
- December 1, 2017: Public swearing-in ceremony.