ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – The city of Albuquerque has issued a health alert due to blowing dust.
The health alert will go into effect Friday night at 9:00 and will remain in affect until 5:00 a.m. Saturday.
The Environmental Health Department recommends the following tips to those sensitive to blowing dust.
- Keep windows and doors closed. If needed for comfort, use air conditioners or heating systems on recycle/re-circulation mode.
- Limit your time spent outdoors.
- If symptoms of heart or lung disease occur, (including shortness of breath, chest tightness, chest pain, palpitations or unusual fatigue) contact your health care provider.
- Individuals with heart or lung disease should follow their health management plan from their health care provider.
- Asthmatic individuals should follow a prescribed asthma management plan.
- Avoid outdoor exercise.