To apply for this position go to the our Career Portal »
Area of Interest
KRQE News 13 a CBS affiliate is looking for a dynamic News Anchor/MMJ with a lot of energy, personality and a tremendous work ethic. You must have exceptional reporting skills and possess good news judgment.
JOB SUMMARY: Deliver newscasts accurately, clearly and concisely and in an engaging manner.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Evaluate news leads and tips to develop story ideas. Gather and verify accurate information regarding articles through interviews, remark as well as research.
- Build network of sources who supply information that allows the Company to stay ahead of its competitors.
- Present compelling, clear, creative and accurate live shots.
- Organize material and write articles based on the details and information obtained.
- Use various social platforms to give updates as well as news stories to the public.
- Demonstrate compelling storytelling as an MMJ using dynamic live shots and stand-ups, creative graphics, and use of digital and social media platforms.
- Solid vocal delivery, camera presence, and clear enunciation.
- Strong reporting skills.
- Understand importance of social media.
- Excellent reading, writing, spelling, grammar and organizational skills.
- Promotes teamwork and maintains attitude of cooperation with all station personnel.
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree in Communication/Journalism or related degree required (equivalent years of experience may substitute for education); plus (3) years television anchoring or reporting experience required.
Training/Equipment: Operate newsroom computer systems.
Work Environment/Physical Requirements: High stress environment with deadline pressures. Some travel will be required. Position requires work on weekends and holidays.
NOTE: This job description contains the basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities; other duties may be assigned.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled