ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – All 35 New Mexico State Parks are waiving entrance fees on Black Friday.
State Park officials say it’s part of the “Opt Outside” movement. They are joining REI and other retailers to try and encourage people to spend more time outdoors instead of in a shopping mall.
Among the events, the “Stuffing Strut” at Cerrillos Hills State Park near Santa Fe.
Visitors can also use the hashtag #NMTrueParkFriday to share pictures of their adventures in New Mexico.
If you’re interested in visiting a National Park, Carlsbad Caverns will also be offering 10 days of free admission to the public over the next year.
Those dates are listed below:
- January 16 – Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- February 20 – Presidents Day
- April 15-16 & April 22-23 – National Park Week Weekends
- August 25 – National Park Service Birthday
- September 30 – National Public Lands Day
- November 11-12 – Veterans Day Weekend