The 5 Facts You Need to Know
1. The race for the White House is coming to an end. Tuesday morning, a new CNN poll shows Hillary Clinton with a 4 percent edge over Donald Trump, but it’s going to come down to the road to 270. Key battleground states like Florida and North Carolina are still a toss-up. Political experts say those states will be crucial in this race, especially for Trump. Meanwhile, Hillary Clinton looks to be a lot closer to 270 according to polls. Still, political experts are not ready to call this one, saying this race has had some surprises.
2. It’s Election Day, and possibly the most talked about Presidential races with record breaking numbers already being reported at the polls. From early and absentee ballots alone, about 40 percent of all registered voters in New Mexico have already cast their votes. Tuesday, ABQ Ride and Sun Vans are waiving all fares so that voters can get to the polls.
3. Tuesday, mostly sunny. Highs in the lower to mid 60’s. Below canyons east winds 10 to 20 mph in the morning. Tuesday night, clear. Lows in the 30’s.
4. A Rio Rancho firefighter is still without his gear after it was stolen by thieves. Someone stole his truck, a 2013 white Ford F-150, from his North Valley home Sunday. In the truck was part of his uniform and technical rescue gear, including a harness, boots and helmet. The truck’s license plate number is FF5121.
5. The lone American who’s not waking up on planet Earth has already cast his vote from space. NASA says astronaut Shane Kimbrough filed his absentee ballot from the International Space Station sometime over the past few days. The astronaut will not be back to Earth until February and by then the U.S. will already have a new president.
The Morning’s Top Stories
- KRQE NEWS 13 ANALYST: Trump’s efforts in New Mexico not likely to turn state red
- Election officials: New Mexico’s election system is safe, secure
- Bernalillo County prepares for record-breaking election
- Albuquerque teen tied to shooting Great Dane appears in court
- UNM holds meeting for public input on next president
- South Korean president’s concession could spell end of power
- Parts of street collapse in southern Japan city; no injuries
- Jon ‘Bones’ Jones suspended for 1 year for anti-doping violation
- ABQ Uptown Christmas tree lighting set for Saturday