The 5 Facts You Need to Know
1. Social media is buzzing Thursday morning over the Cubs’ World Series win. Fans packed local bars to watch the game, and began posting their celebrations as soon as the team beat the Cleveland Indians 8-7 in Game Seven late Wednesday night. As soon as the Cubs broke their 108 year drought, the sign outside Wrigley Field was changed to “World Series Champions.” Plans are underway for a celebration parade.
2. Thursday, partly cloudy with scattered showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the 60’s. East winds 10 to 20 mph with gusts to 30 mph. Expect 25 to 35 mph with gusts up to 50 mph below canyons. Thursday night, windy, mostly cloudy wiht scattered showers and thunderstorms. Lows in the upper 40’s to lower 50’s.
3. Newly released video shows one driver’s chaotic night behind the wheel. William Corbine is charged with aggravated DWI again, after three previous DWI convictions. Santa Fe County Sheriff’s deputies say they found Corbine parked in front of his home near Pojoaque. A 911 caller reported seeing him crash into a concrete center barrier and deputies say Corbine nearly hit a patrol car while backing out. Corbine insists he did nothing wrong.
4. With just five days to go until Election Day, New Mexico continues to be in the political spotlight. Donald Trump Jr. is reportedly preparing for a campaign stop in Farmington this week. Wednesday, Vice Presidential nominee Mike Pence was in Las Cruces for a rally, all on the heels of Trump’s Albuquerque rally over the weekend. Hillary Clinton has not personally visited New Mexico this campaign season.
5. Thanksgiving is right around the corner, and if you’re making holiday travel plans you better book fast. The airfare prediction app “Hopper” expects prices to jump about $4 per day, and they’ll go up even more after that, about $10 a day in the 10 days before Thanksgiving.
The Morning’s Top Stories
- Public invited to discuss ART project construction issues
- Construction to begin on pedestrian bridge across Ave Cesar Chavez
- New Mexico starts Twitter account to monitor DWI cases
- Albuquerque fans pack sports bar, cheer for favorite World Series team
- Massive crack in city street has residents on edge
- Albuquerque preps for winter road maintenance
- Lobo men blowout WNMU 113-57 in an exhibition game
- Santa Fe teacher awarded prestigious ‘Milken Award’