ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – It was easy to see Craig Neal’s Lobos were headed for a blowout only minutes into their exhibition game against Western New Mexico Wednesday night. Five Lobos scored in double figures in a 113 to 57 victory over the outmatched Mustangs.
The Lobos were just too tall and lead 59-27 at the break.
Here’s a player-by-player look at the game:
- Center Obij Aget lead the scoring at the half with 10 points. He would finish with 14 points.
- Freshman guard/forward Damien Jefferson lead the Lobos in scoring with 16 points.
- Mountain West preseason all conference selection Tim Williams with 13 points and 5 rebounds.
- Forward Connor McDougall had 12.
- Guard Jordan Hunter finished with 12 points and 3 assists.
- Jordan Enriquez and Eddie Giron both scored 15 points in a losing effort for Western.
The Lobos shot 52 percent for the game and dominated points in the paint by a 64 to 16 margin.The Lobos also had 25 assists to only six for Western.
The Lobos will take on Eastern New Mexico in their final exhibition game Friday at WisePies Arena AKA The Pit. Game time is 7 p.m.