The 5 Facts You Need to Know
1. With just one week until Election Day, Libertarian Presidential candidate Gary Johnson says he thinks Hillary Clinton could face impeachment if she’s elected. CNN reports that he made the comments on a radio show while talking about the FBI’s investigation of newly discovered emails possibly connected to her private server controversy. The FBI says it’s working to review those emails quickly. Clinton says there’s no case. Trump is trying to capitalize on the investigation, blasting her judgement.
2. A man who police say kidnapped two boys walking to school in Carlsband is now awaiting another scheduled court appearance. According to court documents, Richard Fierro pointed a gun at the 8 and 15 year olds and forced them into his car. Investigators say Fierro also tried to abduct two other kids from a parked van, but their mom sped away. Police say he also opened fire on that van. Fierro told police he recieved a note telling him to kidnap three children or his teenage daughter would be hurt.
3. Tuesday, partly cloudy. Highs in the 70’s. Tuesday night, partly cloudy. Lows in the lower to mid 40’s.
4. Drivers in Santa Fe are traveling a new, unusual interchange at I-25 and Cerrillos Road, called a “diverging diamond.” The State Department of Transportation says the unique design saved money and will save drivers time. That interchange took a little more than a year to build at a cost of $20 million.
5. Tuesday, your kids can trade their Halloween candy for cash. Albuquerque dentist Byron Wall is giving kids $1 per pound for their candy from 1 p.m. – 5 p.m. All of the candy collected will be sent to troops overseas.
The Morning’s Top Stories
- Albuquerque businesses feel the impact of ART construction
- Trump launches harsh new attacks against Clinton
- Burglar who claimed to be homeowner found, arrested
- Explosion in Alabama shuts gas pipeline, shortages possible
- City cites new APD policy for not allowing officer promotion
- 2 inmates in prison van escape case plead not guilty
- City launches water saving project in Albuquerque parks
- Homeowner: Garbage truck caused damage to Albuquerque home
- Toyota to test car-sharing system that doesn’t use keys
- Forgot 2 defrost: Butterball gives Thanksgiving help by text
- Los Alamos gets bear-resistant trash containers