The 5 Facts You Need to Know
1. Donald Trump will rally Michigan after a stop in New Mexico Sunday. Two states that Trump’s advisor said their internal polls show Trump is in a ‘dead heat” with Hillary Clinton. It’s his second stop. Clinton’s never rallied in New Mexico, this presidential run. She’s in Ohio Monday morning. Monday’s news is focused on the FBI’s warrant to start coming through newly discovered emails that are connected to their investigation into her as Secretary of State.
Read the full story: Warrant to search newly found emails obtained by FBI »
2. The Moriarty High School assistant football coach charged with rape is scheduled to face a judge. Damien Hyatt, 24, is still behind bars after his arrest last Wednesday. The case involves three female students who accuse Hyatt of buying them alcohol, pressuring them for sex and even trying to blackmail one of them. The superintendent says Hyatt has been fired.
Read the full story: Man accused of raping students to face judge Monday »
3. Clouds will continue to stream over the state this morning with temperatures in the 30s, 40s and 50s. Expect a mix of sun and clouds through the day with high temperatures topping out well above average — 60s, 70s and 80s.
Watch the full forecast: Kristen’s Halloween Forecast »
4. In a matter of weeks, the state of New Mexico will begin issuing Real ID compliant driver’s licenses. The date to start issuing the IDs is November 14th. IDs are for people who can’t prove legal citizenship status.
Read the full story: New Mexico to begin issues Real IDs »
5. New Mexico is getting some national recognition after appearing in the World Series over the weekend. On Saturday, during Dexter Fowler’s eighth inning home run, you can see a pair of Cubs fans proudly waving the state flag. They say showing off New Mexico pride on national TV was surreal.