The 5 Facts You Need to Know
1. A new CNN / ORC poll is suggesting Hillary Clinton won Wednesday night’s third and final debate. A debate that political experts say Donald Trump really needed to pull in more support. The two tackled big issues like immigration, the economy and foreign alliances. Trump also said the sexual assault allegations against him are totally false. As for Clinton and the hacked emails, she said the Russian government is engaged in espionage against Americans. The biggest question left unanswered? If Trump would accept the outcome of the election should he lose? Trump said we’ll have to wait and see.
2. One New Mexico family is getting ready to take on State Police in court. This, after Angel Navarro was shot and killed by two New Mexico State Police officers and the Socorro County Sheriff in May. Police believe Navarro had carjacked someone at knife point, but officers never said if he was armed or threatened officers when he was shot. Navarro’s family is suing to see the police video. State Police say the case is still under investigation.
3. Thursday, sunny. Highs in the upper 60’s to lower 70’s. East winds 10 to 20 mph. Thursday night, clear. Lows in the mid 30’s to lower 40’s.
4. Thursday, a one year memorial will be held at Civic Plaza to remember Lilly Garcia. The 4-year-old was shot and killed last October 20th in a road rage incident on I-40. The memorial will include a balloon release.
5. Santa Fe police are using humor to promote Halloween safety. The department is releasing a series of videos, made in retro PSA style, offering advice for a night of safe trick-or-treating.
The Morning’s Top Stories
- Deputies: Fatal crash closes Central near 114th
- VP candidate Mike Pence to make rally stop in Albuquerque
- New Mexico governor signs solvency bills
- Family of missing man fears connection with marijuana farm
- FBI seeks bank robber in Halloween mask
- Gas explosion rocks Portland shopping district, injuring 8
- World diplomats seek post-battle plan for IS bastion Mosul
- Syrian forces prepare corridors out of Aleppo
- Local non-profit offering ‘baby boxes’ to low income families
- New Mexico’s oil region seeing student enrollment drops
- City to drivers: Due to ART project, take another route
- Albuquerque coffee shop celebrates second location
- 2 Albuquerque officers nationally recognized