The 5 Facts You Need to Know
1. Presidential nominees Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton will face off in the the third and final debate in Las Vegas, Nev. It will be the last time — in such a setting — that Clinton and Trump will be able to make their case to millions of Americans trying to sway voters just weeks away from the election. Topics sure to be brought up include the recent sexual assault allegations against Trump and more leaked emails, hacked from Clinton’s campaign chair.
2. An Albuquerque mom is outraged, calling on her son’s school to take action against the boy she says called her son a racial slur. The mom says her son, Josiah, was recently suspended for throwing another student to the ground after the boy had called her son the N-word. Josiah’s mom says the other student was not suspended and didn’t receive in-school suspension. The district only referred us to its handbook, that states abusive language must be heard twice for suspension.
3. Wednesday, mostly sunny. Highs in the 70’s. Northwest winds 10 to 20 mph. Wednesday night, mostly clear. Breezy with lows in the mid 30’s to lower 40’s. Northwest winds 10 to 20 mph.
4. Construction for the Albuquerque Rapid Transit project isn’t only causing headaches for drivers. Businesses are worried they’ll lose customers. So, the city is trying to help by offering shoppers free parking. The city is supposed to place bags over the meters. However, drivers will be issued warnings for those parked longer than two hours.
5. Some former Albuquerque Public Schools students got a history lesson by reading letters their 10-year-old selves wrote in 1968. The site will soon become a new training center, it was once Montgomery Elementary, and back in the 1960’s students buried time capsules there. During recent construction, one capsule filled with letters was found. APS plans on posting the letters to its website.
The Morning’s Top Stories
- Mike Pence to host rally in Albuquerque Thursday
- Memorial planned for anniversary of Lilly Garcia’s death
- Community to honor first anniversary of Officer Webster’s death
- 4 shot outside San Francisco schools; suspects at large
- New Albuquerque nonprofit aims to feed hundreds for free
- Lawmakers try to protect New Mexico tribal artifacts
- Albuquerque zoo celebrates the Mexican gray wolf
- Elephant Butte dam celebrates 100th Birthday