ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) — A judge has set a trial date for the trio charged in the rape and murder of 10-year-old Victoria Martens for a year from now.
Victoria’s mom Michelle Martens, her boyfriend, Fabian Gonzales and his cousin, Jessica Kelley, are all facing several charges including child abuse resulting in death in connection to Victoria’s murder.
Friday, a judge set the trial date for all three on October 2, 2017. Their attorneys have until mid-April to decide whether to break up the defendants and try them individually. If that happens the trials will happen one at a time in October, November and December.
The trial is expected to last about two weeks.
- Man suspected of trying to kiss Victoria Martens was accused in kidnapping case
- One year since murder of 10-year-old Victoria Martens
- Victoria Martens’ grandparents file lawsuit against Albuquerque Police
- Judge sets trial order for suspects in Victoria Martens’ murder case
- Suspect in Victoria Marten’s murder in court on separate charges