ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – The second day of the 2016 Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta kicked off early Sunday with a crowded Balloon Fiesta Park.
As Albuquerque’s largest event each year, people come from all over to see the balloons take flight each morning. This Sunday, balloonist were given a green flag for mass ascension and they took off soaring through the sky.
The “Balloon of the Day” was the Phillips 66 balloon.
Balloon Fiesta officials say that Sunday is “Memorial Day Sunday.” Balloonist were given the option to fly a white ribbon from their baskets to honor and remember loved ones they have lost.
Balloon Fiesta had social media buzzing with photos and posts. Below is what people have been posting about #BalloonFiesta.
Starting to get busy on the field. Nice, cool morning. Come early and wear layers!
— Balloon Fiesta (@balloonfiesta) October 2, 2016
Share, Print or Email
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to email (Opens in new window)