ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – The three suspects in the murder of 10-year-old Victoria Martens were in court Friday for the first time for the crime. It was their chance to speak to the charges, but instead they said nothing and let their attorneys do all the talking.
The three suspects are charged with murder and rape in the killing of Victoria Martens. Friday, they all pleaded not guilty through their attorneys.
One by one the three suspects, Michelle Martens, Victoria’s mother, Fabian Gonzales, her boyfriend and Jessica Kelley, his cousin, walked into the courtroom to plead not guilty.
The details of this case have stunned the community and made national news. New details about Martens sought out men to sexually assault Victoria have caused even more shock.
The judge upped Michelle Martens’ bond to $1.5 million cash only. While the state asked for all three suspects be held on “no bonds.” The judge kept Gonzales and Kelley’s bonds at $1 million cash only each.
If convicted, all three could get life without parole because the sex crime and murder involved a child.
A public memorial for Victoria is set for the end of next month.
- Victoria Martens’ grandparents file lawsuit against Albuquerque Police
- Judge sets trial order for suspects in Victoria Martens’ murder case
- Suspect in Victoria Marten’s murder in court on separate charges
- Petroglyph Elementary dedicates yearbook page to Victoria Martens
- Prosecutors ask to search cellphones of suspects in Victoria Martens’ murder case
- Judge denies venue change but separates trials for suspects in Victoria Martens’ case
- State files motion to separate murder trials in Victoria Martens’ case
- CYFD looks into program to teach students about child abuse
- Community dedicates tree to 10-year-old Victoria Martens
- CYFD releases review of Victoria Martens’ case
- Investigators release autopsy results on 10-year-old Victoria Martens
- Prosecutors recover new evidence in Victoria Marten’s murder case
- Hundreds gather to remember Victoria Martens at public memorial service
- Judge: Fabian Gonzales to finish probation sentence in jail
- Police interviews released on suspects in Victoria Martens’ murder
- Trial date set for suspects in Victoria Martens’ murder
- Grandparents open up about Victoria Martens’ mom
- Grandparents of 10-year-old Victoria Martens speak out for first time
- Judge excused from hearing case against Michelle Martens
- Senator calls for independent investigation into Victoria Martens’ murder