ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – The three suspects in the murder of 10-year-old Victoria Martens were in court Friday for the first time for the crime. It was their chance to speak to the charges, but instead they said nothing and let their attorneys do all the talking.
The three suspects are charged with murder and rape in the killing of Victoria Martens. Friday, they all pleaded not guilty through their attorneys.
One by one the three suspects, Michelle Martens, Victoria’s mother, Fabian Gonzales, her boyfriend and Jessica Kelley, his cousin, walked into the courtroom to plead not guilty.
The details of this case have stunned the community and made national news. New details about Martens sought out men to sexually assault Victoria have caused even more shock.
The judge upped Michelle Martens’ bond to $1.5 million cash only. While the state asked for all three suspects be held on “no bonds.” The judge kept Gonzales and Kelley’s bonds at $1 million cash only each.
If convicted, all three could get life without parole because the sex crime and murder involved a child.
A public memorial for Victoria is set for the end of next month.
- Judge excused from hearing case against Michelle Martens
- Senator calls for independent investigation into Victoria Martens’ murder
- Suspects in murder of Victoria Martens plead not guilty
- Warrants: Mom sought men to sexually assault 10-year-old Victoria Martens
- Father of Victoria Martens’ brother files for restraining order against accused killers
- Victoria Martens interviewed by CYFD before murder
- District court claims proof, no fault in Fabian Gonzales probation lapse
- Public memorial service to be held for 10-year-old Victoria Martens
- Albuquerque Public Schools evaluates process for reporting child abuse
- CYFD receiving more abuse calls after Victoria Martens’ death
- Businesses sponsor candlelight vigil for 10-year-old Victoria Martens
- Tuesday night vigil to honor 10-year-old Victoria Martens
- Community leaders hold meeting on child safety following Victoria Marten’s death
- Woman accused in Victoria Martens’ murder in court on separate charge
- Victoria Martens’ family speaks out at news conference
- Family of slain New Mexico girl speaks out as city mourns
- Thousands celebrate birthday of Victoria Martens
- Big turnout expected at birthday party for Victoria Martens
- Third suspect in Victoria Martens murder makes first court appearance
- Albuquerque gymnastics coach remembers Victoria Martens