ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – The three suspects in the murder of 10-year-old Victoria Martens were in court Friday for the first time for the crime. It was their chance to speak to the charges, but instead they said nothing and let their attorneys do all the talking.
The three suspects are charged with murder and rape in the killing of Victoria Martens. Friday, they all pleaded not guilty through their attorneys.
One by one the three suspects, Michelle Martens, Victoria’s mother, Fabian Gonzales, her boyfriend and Jessica Kelley, his cousin, walked into the courtroom to plead not guilty.
The details of this case have stunned the community and made national news. New details about Martens sought out men to sexually assault Victoria have caused even more shock.
The judge upped Michelle Martens’ bond to $1.5 million cash only. While the state asked for all three suspects be held on “no bonds.” The judge kept Gonzales and Kelley’s bonds at $1 million cash only each.
If convicted, all three could get life without parole because the sex crime and murder involved a child.
A public memorial for Victoria is set for the end of next month.
- DA’s office asks legislature for $600K to try suspects in Victoria Marterns case
- State wants Google to release records in Victoria Martens case
- Jessica Kelley sentenced to 7 years in prison for drug dealing charge
- State requests EBT card records in Victoria Martens’ murder investigation
- APD chief recommends 1 day suspension for former spokesperson
- Prosecutors ask to examine phone suspect used prior to Victoria Martens’ murder
- Man suspected of trying to kiss Victoria Martens was accused in kidnapping case
- One year since murder of 10-year-old Victoria Martens
- Victoria Martens’ grandparents file lawsuit against Albuquerque Police
- Judge sets trial order for suspects in Victoria Martens’ murder case
- Suspect in Victoria Marten’s murder in court on separate charges
- Petroglyph Elementary dedicates yearbook page to Victoria Martens
- Prosecutors ask to search cellphones of suspects in Victoria Martens’ murder case
- Judge denies venue change but separates trials for suspects in Victoria Martens’ case
- State files motion to separate murder trials in Victoria Martens’ case
- CYFD looks into program to teach students about child abuse
- Community dedicates tree to 10-year-old Victoria Martens
- CYFD releases review of Victoria Martens’ case
- Investigators release autopsy results on 10-year-old Victoria Martens
- Prosecutors recover new evidence in Victoria Marten’s murder case