ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – The father of Victoria Martens’ brother is taking action to try and protect his son from Victoria’s accused killers.
He is asking for restraining orders against the three suspects. He wants a judge to make sure Michelle Martens, Fabian Gonzales and Jessica Kelley stay away from Victoria’s brother if they are for some reason released.
The paperwork, filed a week after the murder, includes claims of abuse toward other members of Victoria’s family.
Fabian Gonzales is accused of raping and killing Victoria Martens in a northwest Albuquerque apartment along with his cousin, Jessica Kelley, back in August. Victoria’s mother, Michelle Martens, is also facing charges in her death.
Police say Victoria’s brother was not at the home when Victoria was killed. It’s still unclear as to what the restraining order will outline in Wednesday’s hearing.
- State wants Google to release records in Victoria Martens case
- Jessica Kelley sentenced to 7 years in prison for drug dealing charge
- State requests EBT card records in Victoria Martens’ murder investigation
- APD chief recommends 1 day suspension for former spokesperson
- Prosecutors ask to examine phone suspect used prior to Victoria Martens’ murder
- Man suspected of trying to kiss Victoria Martens was accused in kidnapping case
- One year since murder of 10-year-old Victoria Martens
- Victoria Martens’ grandparents file lawsuit against Albuquerque Police
- Judge sets trial order for suspects in Victoria Martens’ murder case
- Suspect in Victoria Marten’s murder in court on separate charges
- Petroglyph Elementary dedicates yearbook page to Victoria Martens
- Prosecutors ask to search cellphones of suspects in Victoria Martens’ murder case
- Judge denies venue change but separates trials for suspects in Victoria Martens’ case
- State files motion to separate murder trials in Victoria Martens’ case
- CYFD looks into program to teach students about child abuse
- Community dedicates tree to 10-year-old Victoria Martens
- CYFD releases review of Victoria Martens’ case
- Investigators release autopsy results on 10-year-old Victoria Martens
- Prosecutors recover new evidence in Victoria Marten’s murder case
- Hundreds gather to remember Victoria Martens at public memorial service