ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – A reminder for drivers — expect some delays if you’re driving around the Big-I over the weekend.
Resurfacing will begin Friday night at 9 p.m. and run through Monday morning at 5 a.m.
There will be several closures, including the on-ramp onto westbound I-40 from I-25.
Weekend lane and ramp closures:
July 15, at 9 p.m. to July 18 at 5 a.m. (Friday to Monday)
- Carlisle on-ramp to westbound I-40 closed.
- I-40 westbound bridge over University Boulevard (leading to NB I-25 on ramp) various lanes closed.
- I-40 westbound off-ramp to I-25 northbound on-ramp closed.
- I-25 northbound over Menaul Boulevard various lanes closed.
As a separate project, NMDOT and Meridian Contracting, Inc. has scheduled bridge repair work as follows:
- July 15 at 10 p.m. to July 16 at 9 p.m. Unless crews complete work early
- I-40 eastbound over Central Ave. two lanes will be closed, east of Tramway.