ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE)- Jackson’s MMA Series 19 wrapped up on Saturday night out at Buffalo Thunder Resort and Casino.
It was a card filled with great professional fights and finishes that definitely kept the crowd entertained. Nick Gonzalez got the win in the main event of this event, but about to be 37 years old Gonzalez is contemplating retirement.
“You know i am getting up there in age, it could possibly be my last one. We will see, i will talk to my coaches, there is nothing confirmed i will talk with my family, but if it is my last one, thank you New Mexico. Its been an honor to perform in front of you,” said Nick Gonzalez.
Harvey Park would also walk away with the co-main event victory over Jon Sparks by TKO, but Harvey credited the fighter that Sparks is.
“I didn’t know I had it until the ref stopped it, because Jon is tough, hes just a tough dude. I hit him with that elbow and I saw the blood coming out and the refs got up and i see Jon say no lets keep going. After he said that i knew he was tough as nails,” said Harvey Park.
Here are the Results:
-In the main event Nick Gonzalez defeated Gilbert Cuhen by TKO in round 1.
– In the Co-Main Event Harvey Park defeats Jon Sparks by TKO in round 2.
– Sonny Yohn defeats Tuuau Pleasant by second round knockout.
– Aaron Perls defeats Robbie Gutierrez by tap out.
– Enrique Gonzalez defeats Bronson Mitchell by knockout in the first round.
– Josh Morales vs. Dominic Yara. Yara wins by submission in the first.