The good news, bad news fire scenario continues are across central New Mexico. While winds are very gusty today 35+ miles per hour in the fire zone we will see less wind on the way Thursday Friday and into the weekend. The problem is we will have very dry air in place that will allow for fire expansion to continue. But, less wind will give firefighters a boost. Relative humidity will remain in the singled digits through the weekend with temperatures 10 to 15° above average. Winds will top out around 10 to 15 mph which overall is pretty manageable. The take away here is that while temperatures will be very hot winds will not be particularly strong.
- Woman living in a bus since Dog Head Fire files federal lawsuit
- Dog Head Fire lawsuit pending against US Forest Service
- Dog Head Fire one year later: The lessons learned and how residents are rebuilding
- Officials discuss fire danger in New Mexico, issue warning
- Local group saved dozens of horses during the Dog Head Fire