ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders’ campaign opened an office in Albuquerque Monday.
The office is located at Central and Buena Vista. Volunteers working for Sanders’ campaign say they believe the Vermont senator will do well in New Mexico, despite trailing Hillary Clinton in pledged delegates.
The opening comes three weeks before New Mexico’s June 7th primary election.
Hillary Clinton also has offices in Albuquerque and recently hired three staffers to oversee operations.
Donald Trump has yet to open an Albuquerque campaign office.
- Black Lives Matter protesters march through downtown Albuquerque
- Students across Albuquerque stage walkouts in response to DACA decision
- Women go on strike in US to show their economic clout
- Anti-Trump camera exhibit catches concerning behavior
- Shia LaBeouf brings public exhibit from New York to Albuquerque
- New Mexicans rally for public lands, against new US House bill
- Udall gathers at Supreme Court to protest Trump travel ban
- Protesters fill Albuquerque Sunport against the President’s travel ban
- Immigrant advocates protest Trump’s immigration policies
- Group gathers in Albuquerque to protest Dakota Access Pipeline
- Thousands join Albuquerque rally on women’s rights
- Protesters gather in Albuquerque after Trump Inauguration
- Santa Fe police release lapel video from arrests made during anti-Trump protest
- UNM students protest Trump election with campus ‘walk out’
- Students at Albuquerque school protest Trump election
- Dakota Access Pipeline protesters rally together in Albuquerque
- ‘Not my president:’ Trump denounced in protests across US
- Anti-Trump protesters march for hours through Albuquerque
- Gary Johnson to host rally Saturday in Albuquerque
- Pence takes questions from voters at Albuquerque town hall