Tuesday’s Five Facts:
- Snow and rain across the metro and across the state. White-out condition in Raton, causing the public school there to cancel class. Out near Las Vegas the main concern will be the strong winds.
- This morning, the family of the man killed in a deadly shooting involving the U.S. Marshals Office said they’re working to get a lawyer. 23-year-old Edgar Camacho-Alvarado was shot on Saturday in the trailer park where authorities arrested a murder suspect. The family said he was working on his truck outside and said the feds told them he was shot by mistake. The Marshals office is remaining quiet today.
- This morning, APD is looking for a man who left the scene of a single vehicle crash where a baby was thrown from the car and left behind. The baby’s mother Georgette Vigil is facing charges. Police said she was driving the SUV lost control hitting the barrier on I-40 near Wyoming.. and that’s when the 18-month-old and her car seat were thrown out. Police said Vigil took off. The man ran off. APD said Vigil appeared drunk when she was arrested her at southeast Albuquerque home.
- This morning, the city is stepping up patrols in the Bosque in an effort to stop a suspected arsonist. This comes after AFD’s responded to more than a dozen fires since last month, including three on Sunday. Now, firefighters patrol six hours a day. There’s also a $1,000 reward for information.
- APD is looking for the thieves who stole $25,000 dollars worth of music equipment from a Phoenix based band who stopped in Albuquerque for a gig Saturday night. The band that played at the Launchpad said the crooks made off with a rented U-haul trailer with customized instruments like a drum kit.
Top Morning Headlines:
It’s a move that has a lot of people talking this morning, soon it’ll cost Amazon customers more to get free shipping. They’ll now have to spend $49 up from $35. Members of Amazon’s $99 a year prime loyalty program will still get free two-day shipping on all orders. Amazon shipping costs have outpaced its revenue.