Tuesday’s Five Facts
- Today expect it to be partly cloudy, winds in the high’s in the 40’s to lower 50’s. Later this afternoon there will be wind gusts up to 45 miles per hour.
- Much of the state is waking up with snow on the ground this morning. Early this morning, snow flurries were still coming down in the Heights and foothills. Santa Fe got several inches these pictures of the plaza were sent in by Alberto overnight. Snow plows are still making the rounds to make sure the roads stay clear. There are school closures and delays.
- As you wake up today, authorities are trying to find a missing plane. New Mexico State Police said it vanished after taking off from Las Vegas, New Mexico heading to Texas. They’re working with the air force trying to figure out if the plane crashed or simply went off radar. That means it’s not an active search and rescue effort right now.
- An Albuquerque daycare is hoping thieves, who’ve hit their business twice will be caught. In surveillance video, you can see someone stealing their van from the “ABC Preschool and Childcare” at Candelaria and Carlisle in February. It happened again last week this time from a Walmart parking lot. Both vans were later found.
- A restaurant famous for the hugs you can order off the menu is closing in just weeks. Tim Harris who owns “Tim’s Place” says he’s moving to Denver to be with the love of his life. Tim told the 74 thousand people he’s hugged since opening in 2010, “Thank you.” The restaurant officially closes December 20th.
Top Morning Headlines
Albuquerque police are looking for a third person who may have been involved in a stabbing in northeast Albuquerque last night. Right now, one person is in custody another is in the hospital. It happened around 9 p.m. Monday night, in the neighborhood near Central and Wyoming. When police arrived they found one a man with multiple stab wounds along with a crash scene. The victim was taken to a nearby hospital, where he’s expected to be okay. As of Tuesday they do have a person in custody, but say they’re looking for one more. its unclear how it all unfolded, or how the crash played a role in the stabbing.
Authorities are trying to find a missing plane. State police tell News 13 the single engine Cessna took off from Las Vegas yesterday headed to Wichita, Texas. They say it vanished around 3:00 p.m. Monday. As of late Monday night, NMSP are still trying to determine if the plane crashed or if it simply went off radar. Authorities say it’s possible the plane is just flying below radar because of bad weather. State police are working with Sandoval county officials and the Air Force this morning to get more information.