Tuesday’s Five Facts-
- Happening Tuesday, Lilly Garcia, the 4-year-old Albuquerque girl killed in a road rage incident will be buried in just a few hours. Tuesday’s funeral services will be held at the nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary Catholic Church starting at 9 a.m.
- This morning, Papa John’s locations across the metro are still tallying up their totals before writing a check to the family APD officer Daniel Webster. Papa John restaurants in Albuquerque and Rio rancho decided to give the family 100% of their profits from Monday. Webster is still critical after being shot multiple times last week during a traffic stop.
- Today expect it to be mostly sunny, breezy. High’s in the upper 60’s to lower 70’s.
- We’re getting to see the video that sparked an investigation into seven Bernalillo county jail workers including several supervisors. This video from last week shows 33 year old Amanda Chavez with her arms and legs restrained. As corrections officers search her cell the video shows her getting maced, hit and kicked while on the ground by guards and even tased.
- The annual burning of El Kookooee is over, but this morning, it’s still all the talk. The event got political this year. The 30 foot tall creature used was built to resemble Donald Trump, the presidential candidate who some say has offended Hispanics.
Top Morning Headlines
The analysts there put their list together by looking at which places had the most hashtags in posts and ranked them in every state. The favorites in Washington were the space needle and in Florida, it’s south beach. White Sands is a favorite among visitors but also among locals in New Mexico.
Don’t expect any Black Friday deals from this year. The outdoor retailer said it will be closed on Thanksgiving Day, and the day after. REI’s top executive said Black Friday has gotten out of hand, and REI is encouraging its workers and customers to spend the day outside. The company’s 12-thousand full and part-time workers will not only get to stay home, but they’ll get paid.