Firefighters: Service dog alerted Albuquerque family of fire

rescue dog

ALBUQUERQUE (KRQE) – An Albuquerque family is safe thanks in part, to their dog. Firefighters say flames broke out in the home near Montgomery and Wyoming around 7:00 Thursday morning.

Responders say the fire started in the family’s bathroom, and they quickly quarantined the area and extinguished the flames. They were able to get there in time because of the family’s first responder, their rescue dog.

Firefighters say the dog smelled smoke and woke the family up.

The bathroom is damaged but the family is not being displaced. Firefighters say it was an electrical fire.

KRQE.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Users who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s