ALBUQUERQUE (KRQE) – Labor Day is September 7, 2015. Here is a list of closures and events around the state.
- City of Albuquerque: Most city offices will be closed. Trash and recycling will be collected on Labor Day.
- ABQ Ride and Sun Van Services: No services on Labor Day. Regular routes will resume Tuesday September 8th.
- Rail Runner: There will be no service on Labor Day.
- New Mexico Wine and Jazz Festival: Begins Saturday September 5th at Isleta Resort and Casino. The event runs through Labor Day.
- Mountain West Brew Fest: September 5th and 6th at Loretto Park.
- City of Rio Rancho: All city of Rio Rancho offices will be closed on Labor Day. The Haynes Community Center pool will open at noon.
- All city of Santa Fe offices will be closed will be closed on Labor Day.
- Fiestas de Santa Fe: September 5th through the 7th on the Santa Fe Plaza.
- Hatch Chile Festival: Begins Saturday September 5th and runs through Sunday September 7th.
Around the state:
State parks will be open this Labor Day weekend. Below are a few events scheduled this weekend. For complete state park information click here »
- Bottomless Lake State Park: Take the plunge with underwater dive poker at Bubblefest at Bottomless Lakes State Park.
- Biggest Catfish Challenge Derby: Saturday September 5th at Oasis State Park near Portales. Open to all ages.