Cibola High School dismissed for the day after electrical fire

Cibola High School

ALBUQUERQUE (KRQE) – An early day turned into an even earlier day at one of Albuquerque’s biggest high schools as students were sent home because of a small fire.

Students were still streaming out the parking lot as parents picked up their kids.

The fire started around 10:00 a.m. Students were in an assembly when word came there was smoke in the main lobby. Turns out it was an electrical fire caused by a vending machine and the school was then evacuated.

A few minutes later, the principal cut the day short and sent everyone home.

Fire crews are still here making sure everything’s safe.

Thursdays are now early days for Albuquerque Public Schools high schools and students getting out just before 1:00 p.m.

There has been no word how Cibola students will make up the two or three hours they lost.

KRQE.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Users who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s