Amanda Peterson died from accidental overdose

GREELEY, Colo. (AP) — The death of Amanda Peterson, best known for her role in the 1987 romantic comedy “Can’t Buy Me Love,” was the result of an accidental morphine overdose.

The autopsy and toxicology report released Wednesday by the Weld County Coroner’s Office concluded that Peterson, 43, ingested a friend’s morphine medication for unspecified pain a week before her death, The Greeley Tribune reports.

Doctors didn’t find recent morphine prescriptions for Peterson. But she had been prescribed multiple medications for lung and heart disease. She was also prescribed Gabapentin after a recent hysterectomy.

The coroner’s office found high levels of Gabapentin in her body but concluded Peterson died from respiratory depression because of a morphine overdose.

The Greeley, Colorado native was found dead July 5 at her apartment by herself.

KRQE.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Users who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s