Man dies after drinking deadly dose of prairie dog poison

TAOS, N.M. (KRQE) – A bizarre situation forced the evacuation of a New Mexico hospital. A patient arrived at the Holy Cross Hospital in Taos Sunday night after consuming a deadly dose of prairie dog poison.

A strong smell of the chemicals was emitting from the man’s body so officials had to evacuate the ER and treat the man outside. He later died.

The ER is still sealed off but the rest of the hospital is open.

A few emergency personnel were treated for reactions from the chemicals but are expected to be OK.

KRQE.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Users who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s