The 5 Facts You Need to Know
- Today will be partly cloudy with a chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs will be in the 80s with south winds 10 to 15 mph in the afternoon. Tonight is expected to be partly cloudy with a chance of showers and thunderstorms.
- Parts of the state are dealing with flooding, including Torrance county. Large pools of water are blocking roads and bridges. Drivers are being warned not to take any risks. Heavy rain, combined with lightning and thunder rolled through parts of Albuquerque while you were sleeping.
- A teenage girl is in critical condition after an overnight crash. It happened at Tramway and Indian School. Police are investigating what happened, but we do know that the driver was turning when the cars collided. A teenage passenger and the family in the other car are expected to be ok.
- An arrest in a hostage situation in southeast Albuquerque. Police said it started, near Louisiana and Zuni, when 21-year-old Justin Brouillette fired at police when they tried to pull him over for not having a license plate. They said he tried to carjack someone before running into a neighborhood and taking a homeowner hostage. Brouillette eventually let the man go and came out. No one was hurt.
- “Smart snack standards” are now even stricter at Albuquerque Public Schoosl, with new rules meant to limit sugar, fat and salt. APS said it’s encouraging fundraising groups to find non-food based ways to raise money.
Top Morning Headlines
Albuquerque police were set up early this morning near Central and Louisiana. Officers are investigating an incident at the Best Choice Inn in that area. KRQE News 13 is working to bring you details on what exactly happened.
Bernalillo county sheriff’s deputies were on scene of a death investigation, near 4th and Osuna Road. When deputies arrived they found a women dead on the roadway on 4th. Fourth street was closed in both directions for the investigation. No word on the woman’s identity or how she died at this point.