Top Morning Headlines
- The man police say was struck by a drunk driver while crossing the street is still critical. Police say 23-year-old Jessica Lucero was behind the wheel. She’s been charged and still locked up. Police say it happened Saturday night on Coors and Avalon. She allegedly took off after the crash. A witness gave police her license plate number and that’s how she was tracked down.
- You can expect a high of 86 degrees today in the metro with a 20 percent chance of rain. Chances of thunderstorms and shows go up between 7 p.m. and 1 p.m. Wind gusts could get up to 35 mph.
- A drone flight over the Albuquerque Summerfest turned dangerous. The Albuquerque Fire Department says the drone, flown by an amateur pilot, fell from the sky on Saturday and hit someone. Another drone pilot says people should not fly drones over crowds over people or near the airport. AFD says the person hit was not seriously hurt.
- An Albuquerque man says social media helped him track down his biological father. After searching for years Hannibal Sanchez recently turned to Facebook. He detailed everything he knew about him on the social media site. He received a message from a woman, who believed she was his biological sister, four days later. It turns out his dad lives in Albuquerque too.
- Isotopes Park is being highlighted as having the top off-the-field attractions for baseball fans. USA Today included Isotopes Park’s Simpsons statues on its list of “Ten baseball Pilgrimage Sites.” We all remember the ‘Topes got their name from the Simpsons baseball team that tried to move to Albuquerque.