The 5 Facts You Need to Know
- A Bernalillo County Sheriff’s deputy fired nine times at a Billy Grimm who later died at the hospital. That number was determined in a recently released audio recording of the shooting by the department. BCSO said they were called to the South Valley intersection, Sunday after reports of a suspicious car and possible domestic dispute. They said Grimm had a gun and raised it and that’s when the deputy fired his gun.
- The hosts of a popular morning radio show were given the boot. Buck and Dex, who hosted the show on 104-1 the Edge, were let go on Monday, prompting a firestorm on social media. Some supporters said they’re going to boycott I Heart Radio, the show’s parent company. I Heart Radio execs blame low ratings and said it was time for a change.
- Today will be mostly sunny in the morning then, become partly cloudy and breezy. Highs are expected to remain in the 70s.
- Two students are in trouble after another high school prank at Los Lunas High. The two seniors were suspended for riding their horse to school on “no vehicle day.” The school tell news 13 the horses were not safe around other students.
- A photo, that recently surfaced, is getting a lot of attention because it show what some believe to be the body of an alien. Some say it proves the 1947 incident in Roswell really happened. The photo, revealed at a conference in Mexico City, is said to have been found in the attic of an Arizona home.
Top Morning Headlines
CNM is tightening security, after a woman said she was attacked on campus. The student told CNM security guards a man and a woman in their 20’s kidnapped and sexually assaulted her, near the physical plant building, Tuesday Night. The woman said the pair drove away in a beat up silver four door Dodge. Police are investigating.
A juvenile jail guard is accused of setting up a fight between two teen inmates. Deputies said 34-year old Rachael Desantiago asked a 17-year old girl to beat up another girl who was causing problems at the Bernalillo County Youth Services Center. Deputies said, last month, Desantiago even watched as the girl struck the other several times in the face. Desantiago is charged with child abuse, contributing to the delinquency of a minor, and conspiracy.