5 Facts You Need to Know
- We’re expected to learn more today about a bizarre discovery after a car chase and crash yesterday. State police said during an attempted traffic stop in Bernalillo. The driver took off later crashing on Highway 550. That’s where police found a body inside the car. Police first said the person was dead prior to the crash, but are now awaiting an autopsy. Two men, the driver and passenger were taken into custody but have not been charged yet.
- New allegations from a former prosecutor could have D.A. Kari Brandenburg heading back to the courtroom after claims her office fired him over comments he made about her. Evan Woodward was an Assistant D.A. for about nine months before losing his job in January after claims he didn’t get along with co-workers. Woodward said he was fired after he raised questions about Brandenburg’s legal problems and the James Boyd case.
- Today’s forecast looks to be mostly sunny, highs in the 70’s. Southwest winds 10-to-15 miles per hour in the afternoon. Tonight, mostly clear, lows in the lower to mid 40’s with the south winds moving at about 10-to-15 miles per hour tonight.
- The fallout of the massive blue bell recall continues today, the fed’s now say they’re aware of 10 listeria illnesses from Blue Bell products dating back to 2010. None of the illnesses were in New Mexico.
- Its mom vs. dad, what if Mother’s Day and Fathers Day was on the exact same day? A new survey by an in-home senior care company says 78% of adults would choose to celebrate mom over dad.