Here is what you need to know before you go Monday April 20, 2015.
- Some somber news for the family of a missing New Mexico Woman. Torrance County Sheriff’s officials say the body of 51-year-old Barbara Baca has been found in a rugged area just outside where they had been looking. Her family says she was last seen Thursday. She walked off after a fight with her boyfriend. They are still looking into how she died.
- A flag in Tucumcari is and will continue to get a lot of attention. Zach Phillips snapped a picture of the American flag flying upside down above a store. Some military members then climbed on the roof to take it down. It turns out the store owner is also a veteran and says he did it on purpose. He says the city is in distress and someone had to do it. The group is giving the flag back and the owner said it will continue to fly upside down.
- A warm afternoon to kick off the work week as high temperatures jump into the 60s and 70s across the state, even a few low 80s across far southern NM. Plenty of sunshine will be seen through early afternoon before more clouds build in by late day.
- Los Lunas police are trying to make it safer to use Craigslist. The police department is offering its lobby and parking lot as a neutral ground for Craigslist transactions. The area is monitored by staff during the day and cameras at night. They say the goal is to make sure buyers and sellers aren’t getting robbed or attacked.
- A family of five puppies are safe and about to find new homes. Volunteers with the Spay and Neuter Coalition of New Mexico found the group living under a concrete slab in Valencia County. The rescue mission took five days as they waited for each puppy to trust them and come out one by one.