5 Facts You Need To Know
- A now former deputy gave a bizarre explanation for his wrecked patrol car. Rio Rancho Police said a smashed wall led them to a Bernalillo County Sheriff’s Deputy’s banged up patrol car last week. Then, Deputy Jeffery McGrew said someone stole it, wrecked it, then parked it back in front of his home. When the investigation began, McGrew quit the force.
- UNM is being sued by two Lobo football players and a CNM student who were accused of rape. The rape charges were dismissed against Lobo running back Crusoe Gongbay, defensive back Saqwan Edwards and CNM student Ryan Ruff because of a lack of evidence. Now their attorney says UNM police botched the investigation, calling it a witch hunt.
- Today will be partly cloudy with highs in the mid 50s to lower 60s. Tonight will be mostly clear with lows in the lower to mid 30s.
- While we’re hoping for rain and snow, places like New York City are getting slammed by a storm that’s bringing heavy rain and damaging winds. It’s so bad in some places that it’s turning roads into rivers.
- Here’s some tips to make sure a real-life Grinch doesn’t get to your gifts which are sent to your home. Before your packages are shipped, police say you can ask the carrier to leave them in your backyard or ask to have the packages to be delivered to your neighbor’s home. If you’re truly concerned, rent a post office box at a UPS store or at the post office.
Top Morning Headlines
The fired APD officer who killed a women after blowing through a red light is now licensed to wear a badge again. On Tuesday, the state’s Law Enforcement Board reinstated Adam Casaus’ police certification. He was stripped of it earlier after he killed Ashley Browder in a crash that also left her sister seriously injured. He was convicted of careless driving and sentenced last week to 90 days in jail.
If you’re looking for a job, hundreds of new positions are on the way in Albuquerque. Comcast is looking to hire more than 200 bilingual people for their call center. The company will host a job fair Thursday from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at their facility near Montano and Edith in the North Valley. Comcast says the positions focus mainly on customer service.
There are new allegations against seven priests and friars in New Mexico. Now, a national group is trying to track down the victims. The seven men are accused of sexual abuse in the Gallup area. That brings the number of priests accused there to 19. The Survivors Network for Those Abused by Priests are now reacting to those allegations. The group is now asking the church to turn over information including where those seven men have worked. We’re told none of those men currently work with the church.
The Albuquerque Rescue Mission that gives the homeless a safe place to stay needed some roof repairs. The Roof Angel Project stepped in and did the repairs for free. Roof Care started the project three years ago. They select a different non-profit to help each year.