ALBUQUERQUE (KRQE) – A family, who lost everything in a fire Monday, was invited to take their first balloon ride Saturday.
Richard Garcia was home when he heard a popping noise and realized his neighbor’s trailer was on fire. Then the fire quickly spread to his home.
A visiting balloon pilot who just happened to be running errands for her flight the next day saw the smoke and rushed to help. She alerted neighbors and then called for help.
After seeing the devastation that the fire caused, pilot Christine Serra offered something that many wouldn’t be able to. She arranged a flight on a hot-air balloon.