ALBUQUERQUE (KRQE) – Albuquerque has been featured on several lists which ranks it as one of the top cities in the U.S. for categories as diverse as the culture that gives Albuquerque reason to celebrate.
Here is a comprehensive list courtesy of the Convention & Visitors Bureau of Albuquerque.
- Albuquerque ranked as the #2 Top Film Locations in the World
by Wayn for films and television shows shot there such as Breaking Bad, The Avengers, and The Lone Ranger.
- The Brittania & W.E. Mauger Estate Bed and Breakfast Inn in Albuquerque ranked among the top 10 of America’s Best Bed & Breakfasts from U.S.A. Today due to its restoration and its chocolate chip cookies.
- Albuquerque was ranked 4th place by Touropia.com for its annual Balloon Fiesta as one of the “Top 10 Places to Visit in October – Touropia.com
- The Resonance Report ranked Albuquerque #50 of Top 50 US Destinations for 2014s in the nation based ratings from leisure and business travelers.
- Albuquerque was ranked as the number one city of the 10 Most Exciting Places in New Mexico on this list by Movoto.com for its population of youth and night life.
- Albuquerque is rated as being #8 NewsCastic’s List of Best U.S. Big Cities for Active Families for being a very inviting city. The magazine states that although Albuquerque is New Mexico’s largest city, it certainly doesn’t feel it.
- Albuquerque was named one of the 10 Cities You Need To Visit in Your 20’s by The Huffington Post for its vast amount of parkland and for fans of Breaking Bad.
- Both Santa Fe and Albuquerque were named on this travel value guide by Time.com for their plethora of affordable activities and capturing “the spirit of the Southwest as one of the 7 Great American Vacation Spots That Won’t Bust Your Budget .
- Singletracks.com ranked Albuquerque on this list of “10 Beer Town with a Mountain Biking Problem” for the elusive green chile beer on tap.
- Budget Travel listed Albuquerque as one of the 25 Most Beautiful Cities in America for its “amazing annual Hot Air Balloon Fiesta”
- Albuquerque’s Gathering of Nations is ranked among the top 10 of 10 Best Native American Pow Wows in this article from U.S.A. Today for its mass attendance and is called “the Super Bowl of powwows.”
- Albuquerque’s Sandia Peak Tramway was ranked one of the World’s Coolest Tram Rides by Travel & Leisure.
- Travelocity ranked Albuquerque 2nd place as one of the Top 10 Destinations with Affordable Hotels for the 4th of July Weekend with average hotel prices being $112 a night only bested by Las Vegas.
- Zagat.com ranked Albuquerque as one of the destinations for spicy food on the 9 Red Hot Food Destinations to Hit This Summer list namely because of the green chile here.
- The Paseo del Bosque Trail made 9th on Top 9 Hiking Trails in the US list at Oyster.com
- Albuquerque is placed among the The Trust for Public Land’s list as one of the Top Park Systems in the US.
- NerdWallet.com ranked Albuquerque 15th among the 20 Best Cities for Cyclists for having the second greatest amount of bike lanes.
- Maketraveleasier.com ranked Albuquerque’s Sandia Peak as one of the Best Places to Watch the Sunset in America for the “360 degree views.”
- The Alliance for Biking & Walking bumps Albuquerque up to 6th out of the 20 Best US Cities for Cyclists.
- Albuquerque was ranked as one of the Best Hot Air Balloon Rides rides placing 5th by Travel & Leisure.
- FlipKey.com ranked Albuquerque for its museums in the west and outdoor activities in the east as one of the Top U.S. Travel Destination for 2014
- AARP ranked Albuquerque as one of the Best US Cities to Visit in 2014 thanks to its “gorgeous scenery” and “green-chili cheeseburgers.”
- Albuquerque was featured for its mountains on this list of
Top 10 Mountain Bike Cities in North America by Singletracks.com.
- Wandering Educators named the National Museum of Nuclear Science & History ranks alongside the highest among the Best Science Museums Around the World.
- Albuquerque and The Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta were named by Jaunted.com as one of the Six Big Cities for Events.
- Amac.us named Albuquerque one of 5 Fantastic Winter Destinations for its intriguing topography.