Fire sparks at Las Vegas, NM hotel


LAS VEGAS, N.M. (KRQE) – There were huge plumes of smoke in Las Vegas, N.M., on Tuesday as an old hotel went up in flames.

The fire started around 6 p.m. at the Inn of Las Vegas on north Grand Avenue. The fire continued to burn Tuesday night.

The whole building was engulfed and it appeared firefighters were letting it burn itself out.

The city says the building has been boarded up for years.

There’s no word yet on what started the fire, but there were no injuries.

KRQE.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Users who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

blog comments powered by Disqus